Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try to helping friend hello everybody I'm new here I have a friend tried to help and replaced return, block and Striker Springs to bring his pull down from 8 lb Factory. On his sd40ve everything seemed to go great till it was time for him to shoot it and there was something wrong with the return spring section trigger in the lower ( trigger was locked)( stuck ) so when I went to attempt to take the slide off it was stuck tried everything maybe I should not have pulled the trigger pin out? at first I could slide it back and forth but not remove it now it doesn't slide any direction and at this time cannot remove the slide to get in there and make these repairs any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! Keith

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I hate plastic guns, I traded my SD9VE to a mate that helped me paint the house, Never had an issue with it. I'm a wheel gun guy though :) good luck mate..

thewelshm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello try that trigger was stuck Bennett clunked when pulling on it and I could plainly see that it was not in the proper position it was popped out of the frame a little so trying trying trying to remove the slide pulling the locks down will not let me remove the slide I may have stupidly decided to remove the trigger pin the PIN that runs through the trigger the spring the release ect and now find that I cannot remove the slide does not move forward will not pull back and talk gun is clear

·
Premium Member
10,730 Posts
Remember, magazine has to be removed first... Is it out of the pistol?

I don't know what you're using to post, but it doesn't make much sense.

You may be able to work a pin from the opposite side and push the trigger back down out of the way.

Otherwise, it's off to the gunsmith with you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes the magazine is out the gun is clear and yes when I could not remove the slide I eventually remove the pin from the trigger hoping that would help me to move the trigger around and remove the slide but to no avail I am going to pull down on the slide lock clamping in a wood vise giving me an extra hand by using the vise try to remove the slide and then if all fails off the gunsmith Ty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts