Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day guys

im new to rifles and choosing between the HK416 22LR & M&P 15-22 LR

my question is for the the bolt catch release on the HK 416 22LR is non functional

so how about the bolt catch release on the M&P 15-22 LR is it also non functional

it its non functional meaning everytime i fired the last round and emptied the mag and need to change mag with loaded rounds i need to pull the charging handle again ( cock ) to chamber the ammo

thanks

·
Registered
12,674 Posts
The bolt release is functional on the 15-22. The 15-22 is probably one of the best training guns for the AR platform out there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The 15-22 bolt release is fully functional like its bigger brother. With bolt locked back, press the bolt release to close the bolt.

The 15-22 is also much easier to maintain and clean with it's tool less removable bolt assembly. The 416 you basically remove the barrel when you want to remove the bolt from the rifle.

·
Registered
12,674 Posts
Aftermarket parts for the AR platform, like extended bolt release, pistol grip, and mag release will usually work on the 15-22

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aftermarket parts for the AR platform, like extended bolt release, pistol grip, and mag release will usually work on the 15-22
what model of AR aftermarket parts will fit the 15-22

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a 15-22 and it's never once failed to fire or eject, plus it holds a 25 round magazine.

The 10-22 gets all the praise, but the 15-22 is a better rifle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts