1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19,492 Posts
Lost any respect for the man when he caved to Obutthead during the second debate. Romney had his chance and blew it. Now he needs to shut up and support the President for the good of the nation.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Lost any respect for the man when he caved to Obutthead during the second debate. Romney had his chance and blew it. Now he needs to shut up and support the President for the good of the nation.
Never happen. He envisions himself as another John McCain. and while I don't have a lot of respect for McCain and never did, Mitt isn't even as good as John ever was on a bad day.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Yeah, Mr. "Delightful Peter" can go play with himself in a dark alley as political jealousy controls his actions'. Geezus, I can't believe I voted for this loser. :(
We all make mistakes, after all, we are only human. I voted for Obama the first time so I'm guilty as well.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Sometimes I wonder who the real actors are. The actors in Hollywood or the actors in DC. Least the ones in Hollywood can follow a script.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
What is it with Utah (generally thought of as a conservative , pro family state) electing a twit like Romney? Maybe some Utah residents and/or "members of the prevailing religion" can chime in?

nvonjvila

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
What is it with Utah (generally thought of as a conservative , pro family state) electing a twit like Romney? Maybe some Utah residents and/or "members of the prevailing religion" can chime in?
My 80 y/o mother (lives in the bay area California) is very involved in the LDS church. She is appalled by the anti-Trump sentiment among the membership. She loves Trump but many of her churchgoing friends are never-Trumpers. On the flip side, they have conservative values and are very good people.

Anti-Trump sentiment in 2016 was driven by virtue signaling. Utah Senator Lee, Governor Herbert and Representative Chaffetz all withdrew their support for Trump immediately after the release of the Access Hollywood tape. Things are changing a bit now. Earlier this this year Governor Herbert said:

“I don’t know of any reason why I would not endorse (Trump),” Herbert said Thursday during his monthly KUED news conference, where he covered a range of topics, including tax reform. “I’m working very closely with the administration.”

The GOP governor said neither Trump nor Vice President Mike Pence have asked for his endorsement, but that he appreciates the administration’s policies and “respect” for state’s rights.

“I am a Republican and I like a lot of the things” the Trump administration is doing, he said. “I think we should focus in the things being done as opposed to what’s being said.”

Senator Lee:

“I quite like him,” Lee said, adding that he intends to endorse Trump’s presidential bid this time around.

-------------

Trump only got 45% of the vote in Utah in 2016. My guess is that it will be above 50% in 2020 even if there's a third party candidate. Still, there will be plenty of virtue signaling among LDS voters.

·
Premium Member
16,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Such petty machinations have cost us elections in the years since GWB. An a_____e that looks like they just stepped off a wheaties box that seeks to lose as gracefully as possible if nominated is less than worthless to me. Such facile prep school boys should have no place in a race against the nasties in the dNC.

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
Remember, the RNC and McCain scolded republicans for simply using Obama's full name- Barack Hussein Obama.

Democrats call Trump every name imaginable... not even a whisper of push back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts