Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Pics of the 539

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bonedaddy 
#1 ·
So I had a prior thread on this 539 should I jump on it well I did. So I thought I would post some pics here. I am wondering if the stocks are factory by chance. I would have thought the stocks would be checkered like the original 39 stocks I have a spare set of original 39 stocks to put on this to keep it as original as possible if these stocks are not factory stocks Magenta Auto part Plant Metal Gun accessory
Air gun Wood Gun barrel Wood stain Trigger
Magenta Cylinder Gun accessory Office supplies Gas
Wood Trigger Revolver Gun accessory Tool

See less See more
#4 ·
I think you are correct that the OEM stocks are the checkered type. I had a set of stocks like that for my 59 and I preferred the checkered ones. Those are nice pistols. I think the round trigger guard has a nicer look.

#6 ·
Nice pistol glad to see another Nickel finish 559 I actually like the black stocks on that pistol I just have the wood 39 stocks I put on this but I think I like the black better here is mine with the wood checkered stocks and yes I like the weight and durability a steel pistols helps with recoil makes a 9 shoot like a 380 Wood Sleeve Air gun Wood stain Gun accessory

#7 ·
I put a set of smooth wood grips on it but didn't like the feel as much so went back to the standard black plastics. Mine functions flawlessly and is very accurate, these all steel models are getting harder to find and I'm not a fan of the stainless steel models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.