Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picking up a Romanian PSL in a couple of weeks - Yeah! This will be my second long gun acquisition since I moved here to Tennessee last October. It goes with my "military rifle" collection.
A friend back in Idaho has set this deal up for me, and I cant be happier.
I'm getting the rifle with the Russian scope, 5 mags, a Russian Mag pouch, 500+ rounds of ammo, and a 2nd scope as well. All for just $1500. I need to split the post into two groups, since we can only post 5 images per post.
This is the left side, and the second post will be the right side. The friend that took the photos of it couldn't get a good one of it in full length with his phone, so he broke it up into 4 pics of each side.

Does anybody else here have a PSL, or similar rifle?

PSL barrel left side.jpg PSL forearm left side.jpg PSL receiver_scope left side.jpg PSL butt stock left side.jpg

·
Super Moderator
19,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the right side

PSL butt stock right side.jpg PSL receiver_scope right side.jpg PSL forearm right side.jpg

You can see the 2nd scope in this photo.
PSL barrel right side.jpg

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
I do not have one. However, I can see why you are excited as that looks to be a quality gun. I like the stock.

·
Registered
12,856 Posts
I have both a Chinese and a Russian Draganov. I was very upset with their accuracy, it was not what I expected, about 2 minutes of angle at 100 yards. They seem to be more like our designated marksman rifle than a true sniper rifle.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Looks like an AK with nice furniture to me. Not my thing. Had a couple a while ago and sold them. Woefully inaccurate and clunky too. If that blows your dress up, fine with me. Only AK variant I'd own is an AK sniper rifle, at least with those you can hit a target at 100 yards....lol

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Hey Gearchecker, I think your gonna have FUN !
I could have predicted the accuracy negitivity,,,, folks draw conclusions without doing the homework.
As you collect Mil-Surp you know this,,,,,,, others may not.
First off , you cannot compare a mass produced milatary tool to a custom bolt action and measure accuracy. Different yardstick.
Second, you cannot shoot surplus com-block spam can ammo and expect under 2-3 MOA. Most is steel core machine gun ammo made in different countries with lax specs.
Third mil-spec is just that. Many who get CMP O3A3 rifles are disappointed that accuracy is just average as are many M1As.. Often you must do a LOT of work to them to get them shooting right. Seldom out of the box perfection.
I found HUGE strides possible hand loading for Mosin Nagants over spam can ammo.

Similar rifles ? I have a VEPER 762x54 and a Seiga 308 and NOPE , I do not hand load for them ,,,,,, . Their appetite is to large and you can't find the brass!
That plus I bought them to be semi auto , iron sight, spam can shooting , fire breathing fun guns !
The holes don't have to touch.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Interesting comment. With any and all firearms, I do my homework (and Gearchecker knows that). The 2 AK's I owned (and don't anymore) were capable of shooting around a corner but for downrange accuracy at any distance, no way Jose'.

Having said that, I'm not and never will be an AR or AK person. Don't care for them. I bought them as an investment and sold both for a substantial profit. No black guns here (or phosphate coated) for that matter. Maybe black Cerakote but thats it.

If that is what Gearchecker wants, so be it. Not my cup of tea and never will be. Like Tridgecon scopes, I'd never own one even if someone gave me one, it would go in the trash can.

·
Registered
12,856 Posts
I tried handloading for mine it didn't help with the accuracy. As for 03A3s, I shot this five shot group with mine at 100 yards with the iron sights. The high shot was the first, I took a six o'clock hold on the white bull the other four I held on the bottom of the red. My Dragunovs now rest in the back of my safe. I'm sure you will enjoy your new rifle and I don't mean to rain on your parade, I was just disappointed with the results I got from mine.

·
Super Moderator
19,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm strictly looking at it as a fun gun, and it'll be a profit maker in the future considering what I'm paying for it. The big bonus is the 500 extra rounds of ammo I'm getting with it. I'll more than likely sell the second scope, and possibly put the russian scope on my AK-47. Any way I look at it, it's for fun, and when I get bored with it, or somebody inherits it, it'll be worth much more than what I'm paying for it today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts