Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a S&W 915 the other day and it seems to be pretty good condition. I ran 50 rounds through without a hitch. I don't really know how many rounds have been through it and I'm still new to firearms. I don't know if there's parts I should replace or really what the availability of 915 parts are. How has your 915s held up for you guys?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I picked up a 910 a few months ago. Same gun with a few plastic parts that are easily replaced, and parts are available if needed. You might think of getting a new recoil spring from Brownell's for about $4 but other than that, if no parts are broken or missing you should be good to go.

OldFarmBoy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Midway usa/Brownells/Numrich/Wolff springs have most of any parts you will ever need. These guns are fantastic.
Most 5900 series parts will fit. The 5906/5904(the blued version of the 5906) are same gun, just more refined.
The 915 was built 1992-1994, but there are thousands of them out there. I replaced the recoil spring, magazine springs, magazine followers, and guide rod on mine.

·
Registered
626 Posts
FWIW, I understand the 915 (vs the 910) has the original rail design that works better for accuracy. If we’re good enough or shoot enough to notice. The 3rd Gen’s are still really nice pistols.

Reactions: mrmike7189

·
Premium Member
18,304 Posts
Take good care of your 915 and it should last you a good long while.

Reactions: mrmike7189
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.