Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always jealous when I see some of the local gun shop scores that get posted here... bargains on nice, older Smiths are just really rare around here!

Well, today was my turn :p

I picked up a really nice M19-3, for under $500...

No box, but a very nice gun, made in 1969, judging by the s/n.

Had I been 30 seconds later, I would have missed it judging by the other customer drooling over my shoulder... :cool:

·
Registered
364 Posts
That's what they call "Being at the right place at the right time". Reminds me of a 19-4 I ran across at a local pawn shop. I was shocked to see such a fine conditioned model 19 there, listed at $529. Out of habit I asked the clerk if that was the best they could do, and she said, "Well, it works better if you make an offer, and I can take it to the boss and ask." I said, "OK how about $500 OTD?" And off she went.

She cam back and said "He said ok." So I pulled a $50 out of my pocket and said "Put this down on it while I go get the rest of it." I got back and was filling out the paperwork when the boss picked it up to get the serial number. He looked it over, then looked at me and said "You know you're getting a really good price on this don't you?"

"I'm alright with it." I smiled. He said, "I must have had my head up my Blankity-Blank when I agreed to take that for it." As he shook his head. I just grinned and said "No comment."

Right place, at the right time!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a semi-auto guy by training and by nature, but have developed an aesthetic affinity to Smith revolvers after a couple of years of "window shopping" here and YouTube.

Eventually I plan to have "just one" of these to enjoy and pass down, if I can decide which is my own personal goldilocks model and find an affordable shooter grade example to buy. Your example is on my short list: a nice-enough Model 19 at $500-$600. (ideally with a 3" barrel, as long as I'm dreaming...)

Congrats.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
I wish I had a dozen of them; but alas, I have only one....BEAUTY!

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
You are not unarmed with a model 19 “Ea Contrere”

Thewelshm

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Arrest yourself sir, you committed a robbery with that purchase! :) Seriously though, what a find at a great price, nice! I like it when the good guys win at the end of the story!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally found the 4" 19 a little brother... another 19-3, 2.5". I've actually been looking for a nice 2.5" 19 for over a year. Couldn't find one locally... finally got one in decent shape at the right price on GB. This one is from 1975, a little later than I usually look for, but beggars can't be choosers! :p

Now I need to find the right set of stocks for it... definitely sticking with Magna style... maybe Altamonts. If anyone has a bright aluminum finish Tyler T-grip they want to part with for a reasonable price, shoot me a PM... ;)

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Rodan, that's down right nice, Altamont has a clearance sale going on now. I bought for the Model 36 yesterday.

·
Registered
12,538 Posts
I stumbled onto my 19-3 RB snubbie at Gander Outdoors for $349. Sitting next to it was a K-38 Masterpiece for another $599. Couldn't afford both, took the snub.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I stumbled onto my 19-3 RB snubbie at Gander Outdoors for $349. Sitting next to it was a K-38 Masterpiece for another $599.
I would assume that wasn't recently? If it was, you stole it! I don't think I've even seen beat up LE trade-in model 10s around here that cheap in the last couple of years!

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey R,

Very well played!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
12,538 Posts
I would assume that wasn't recently? If it was, you stole it! I don't think I've even seen beat up LE trade-in model 10s around here that cheap in the last couple of years!
Was about two years ago..................

1 - 20 of 23 Posts