Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this Beretta 950BS in 25 ACP. I'm not certain, but think the common name for this is the Jetfire.
It's in very good condition with no rust at all, and a few scuff marks on the finish. It runs flawlessly. I never thought I'd have one of these in my safe, but it's a welcome addition to my collection. Now I need one in 22 Short.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
Nice! I have the 22lr version, the 21A; just put it up for sale at my LGS. Neat gun, but I haven't fired it in a long time so hopefully someone else will get to enjoy it. Even though .25 isn't that great, unlike .22, ammo should be available at this time! Fun gun to shoot.............enjoy!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Don't underestimate .25 calibre pistols: they can kill.
A considerable advantage is their diminutive size; pocket carry is possible without it making a recognizable bulge. The centre-fire cartridges are also more dependable than .22 rimfire cartridges.
On the other hand, of course, one shouldn't overestimate the .25 either. Even a .22 short pistol delivers more punch.

·
Super Moderator
19,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My shop has 10 boxes of Federal HST ammo for it. I'm going to buy a box and see how it works.

·
Registered
96 Posts
They are rugged little guns. I got one in 1995 for $150 new. Carried it for almost 20 years.
It was a little heavy by todays standards. I now have a 380 that weighs 120z.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I have one I bought in 1981-82. I put rose wood grips on it back then and it looks like new, very little wear showing considering it's age . It had plenty of use but only occasionally now since I live in FL. When an occasion arises that warrants deep concealment I'll pocket carry it. It was my third handgun purchased in a 42 year old collection.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I've had mine since the 70's. It saw a lot of duty during the 2 years I worked in the Back Bay section of Boston where muggings in and around a certain parking garage were a constant problem. I needed something that was 100% concealable without question and that was the best gun for the job in that time frame. 😎

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have a cute little Beretta quartet going. In order of acquisition;
1. Beretta Minx .22S - from my Uncle JR, old enough that it has no safety, but in nice shape.
2. Beretta Bobcat .22LR - Honestly forget where I picked this up, locally, at the place I work now (but years ago), or maybe a Hampton gun show.
3. Beretta Jetfire .25ACP - Urge hit me about 2+ years ago, snagged a minty one off of Gun Broker, small 2 pc box, manual and cute little brush.
4. Beretta Tomcat .32ACP - Lady came in store, owner would not quite meet her asking price on this one, so she was leaving. I whispered how much was she looking for? to my boss, and I thought I would go that, got permission, and did it up. Came with a box of jhps, with 6 rounds missing, mint condition all the way around.
If I could find a nice Minx with the rarer long barrel, I'd snag that too...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts