Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this Model 15-3 from my LGS 2 weeks ago, it just blows my mind to come across a 51 year old S&W that is near perfect condition, no box or papers.

Just sitting under glass and a 100 people just walking by.

I lucked out.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Kevin,

Wow! What a great SCORE!

That is a very fine .38!!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That is one sweet snub. You must of been the first of the 100+ that walked by that wasn’t wearing blinders. They all want plastic. You can get that any day of the week but not a Model 15 like that one. Excellent score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the comments, you know thinking about this, I am at Fort Huachuca, AZ Army Post in southern Arizona.

My wife is Korean and has her own little hair business, one day she came home and said were are invited to one of her clients birthday party. just so you know most of her clients are in the 80's, comes once a week
to get something called wash and set. Boy do women love their beautician.

So the party going to be held at the Elks Lodge, I am almost 60 and when we get there I find myself standing in a room with people in their 80' and 90's. I say to the wife where's the kids table.

One couple said come sit with us, I am sitting next to a gentleman that is 92 and asked him if he knows all the others here, yes of course for the last 60,70 years.

Comes to find out most were born here in Sierra Vista, Bisbee, Tombstone and Mexico and all worked and retired from the mines Phelps Dodge.

Thinking about what they all went through back in the days, with this kind of history I am living around, who knows what laying around their sock drawer.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
I had one years ago when we (permit holders) were required to carry something on the county's approved list for LEOs. I enjoyed it in the day. I am certain you will.

·
Registered
21,964 Posts
Congrats! That's one I wouldn't mind coming across. Hopefully we'll be receiving a range report from you soon?:)

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
17,442 Posts
Very nice 15 snub ad that one would have been like a magnet drawing me to it. Congrats.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
I looked around for a M-15 2" for quite a while. Then, a M-10-7 2" in NIB condition caught my eye, for a cheap price. Then, several years later, a friend mentioned that he wanted to sell a NIB M-66-1 2 1/2". Perfect condition, like new.....I don't think it had ever been fired! Now, I will never part with either of those revolvers. But, I used them for CCW for many years, along with my M-36, and sometimes practice with them

Now, I've got a new toy......Ruger 9mm. to play with. Got 3 boxes of 147 Gr. JHP's for carry, and 3 boxes of 115 Gr. FMJ for practice.

weiweinpihjf Bob

·
Premium Member
11,461 Posts
Great get. You are going to have a ball.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
What a great find. Its sosad to watch people walk by older Smith Wesson revolvers and pass the up . All they want it the high cap 9mms and such. We have a 4 inch 44 and a 6 inch 686 been in the shop for months now and get no love. So sad I wish i had more money for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts