Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bought this 6906 few days ago. . I got it home then do field strip and clean it up. Putting the slide back in is a chore compared to others.

My question is.

Why do I have 669 slide on 6906 squared trigger guard frame. My series number start with TEPXXX so its 1990. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

According to the 3rd Edition Standard Catalog of S&W book that I have, there is a 6906 run listed that has "old style slide" listed in the features.

I'm assuming that you don't have the box that it came in, to see if it has a product code 104057 on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. Thats really interesting fact to know. No, I do not have the box but I wish that I have one. The first person owned this gave it to his brother then his brother sold it to me. To his knowledge, everything on the 6906 is original so I would heed any advice on replacing parts on it before it go bad on me.

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
To his knowledge, everything on the 6906 is original so I would heed any advice on replacing parts on it before it go bad on me.
The 6906 was built mainly as a Police carry pistol, and they were made to survive the rigors of daily police usage, so I don't think you need to worry much about it breaking down.

The only parts on the 6906 that may wear out would be a spring or two.
My 6906 is nearly as old as Moses, and it still runs flawlessly. Come to think of it, my 669 has never malfunctioned either.
Not to worry, I'm pretty sure you'll never shoot it until something breaks, unless you're using it for competition shooting.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 6906 was built mainly as a Police carry pistol, and they were made to survive the rigors of daily police usage, so I don't think you need to worry much about it breaking down.

The only parts on the 6906 that may wear out would be a spring or two.
My 6906 is nearly as old as Moses, and it still runs flawlessly. Come to think of it, my 669 has never malfunctioned either.
Not to worry, I'm pretty sure you'll never shoot it until something breaks, unless you're using it for competition shooting.

Regards,
Gearchecker
good to know!

A holster. I would have to search for 669 holster since it have squared trigger guard right?

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Yes, you can also search for a holster to fit the SIG P6/P225. they're all 3 the same size.
Ebay is a great place to start looking for a holster. There will be hundreds to choose from.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
I have seen holsters listed round or squared trigger guard but forgot where . 3rd gen can be difficult at first, I rack the the slide cocking the hammer then hold forward over hand with thumb through trigger guard (I'm a lefty) with the notch aligned push the slide stop out. Reinstall slide to the levers and push them down with some type of thin plastic tool . Push the slide back cocking the hammer then align it back to notch push slide stop back in.

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
I have a 669. It was my first S&W semi-auto pistol. I must have at least 5 different holsters for it (possibly more than that) I'm left handed, so I went crazy buying LH holsters of different styles until I got the one I've stuck with for more than 12 years now.

669-1.JPG

Reactions: WendyZXZ
1 - 9 of 9 Posts