Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm fairly green, but stay with me here for a minute. Most everyone has a mag loaded with personal defense rounds. Other mags are used with target rounds and get emptied and filled semi-regularly. The numbers here dont matter much. But the PD mag, hopefully, never gets used. Are we to just assume it'll work as promised, kept loaded, 5 , 10 years down time road? Is there a common practice out there of unloading it every so often?

·
Registered
26,022 Posts
Some do, some don't. In today's scenario, one also has to factor in the availability of PD ammo. If it is scarce, then practice with other readily available stuff; if you have plenty, then firing that mag with the others at a practice session and reloading that mag can't hurt. I like 124s in my 9mms. I have Speer Gold Dot for carry/HD/PD but I practice with, and have a LOT more of, Speer 124TMJ, so guess which gets shot more often?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Most everyone has a mag loaded with personal defense rounds. Other mags are used with target rounds and get emptied and filled semi-regularly.
If you can't afford or find SD ammo presently, save it -- just unload that mag and use it with FMJ range ammo like your others. Then load 'er back up with the Federal HSTs. Rotate 'em all is what I do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.