Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Pea Shooters

5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  pappy 
#1 ·
How about we see some nice .45 Colts to get the weekend started. I know from the cyl. throat thread there are at least a few more. My 25-5, 4" from 1980, got it cased. Show yours!

See less See more
#12 ·
azmick said:
carl418 said:
azmick,
That's one I've always wanted, but haven't found the right deal yet... a long-barrel 45 Colt.
I built the wife a hat with a sand bag on top of it to shoot off of but she was having no part of it :mrgreen:
I can't believe the missus would treat you so badly.. :lol: :lol:

#13 ·
25-5 & 28 Sorry about being dirty was at the range. This was when I first bought the 25, looked at the first photo then took that ugly white out of the roll marks. Interesting the size of the muzzle compared to the .357. Legend has it the Dirty Harry movies were made with a .45 LC instead of a .44 Mag. Hole looked bigger on the screen. Anybody know if it is true ?

Boats

#19 ·
Well I guess that settles the Dirty Harry story, or does it ? Hollywood being what it is if there were half a dozen prop guns it could well be the one with close up's of the muzzle could have been .45 LC After all the .44 Mag uses a pipsqueak 43 caliber bullet while the Colt cartridge is a full size .452

Boats

#20 ·
Boats said:
Well I guess that settles the Dirty Harry story, or does it ? Hollywood being what it is if there were half a dozen prop guns it could well be the one with close up's of the muzzle could have been .45 LC After all the .44 Mag uses a pipsqueak 43 caliber bullet while the Colt cartridge is a full size .452

Boats
Give Boats a nice round of applause for a nice thread drift! C'mon lets give it up!!!!!!

Now where's that "usless without photo's" smilie?

#21 ·
Give Boats a nice round of applause for a nice thread drift! C'mon lets give it up!!!!!!
Don't know about you fella' but I think some of the coolest little nuggets of information come from thread drifts
Truth be told, I'm guilty of it from time to time
Like now maybe :mrgreen:
Boats and rimfired; you gave me a chuckle , thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.