Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about we see some nice .45 Colts to get the weekend started. I know from the cyl. throat thread there are at least a few more. My 25-5, 4" from 1980, got it cased. Show yours!


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great start, nice 25's! Bob, do you have a shoulder stock for it? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
rimfired said:
Great start, nice 25's! Bob, do you have a shoulder stock for it? ;)
It could use one, shoots fairly good despite having chamber throats you could throw a cat through.

Bob
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,111 Posts
Y'all are talking about my favorite caliber!

Here's a couple of mine.. sorry, I haven't had time to take new pics of these two yet.

The top photo is a Model 25-10, Performance Center.

The bottom photo is a Model 25-5.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,927 Posts
Never tryed shooting peas with it but,,,,,,
8 3/8 25-5
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,111 Posts
azmick,
That's one I've always wanted, but haven't found the right deal yet... a long-barrel 45 Colt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,927 Posts
carl418 said:
azmick,
That's one I've always wanted, but haven't found the right deal yet... a long-barrel 45 Colt.
I built the wife a hat with a sand bag on top of it to shoot off of but she was having no part of it :mrgreen:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,111 Posts
azmick said:
carl418 said:
azmick,
That's one I've always wanted, but haven't found the right deal yet... a long-barrel 45 Colt.
I built the wife a hat with a sand bag on top of it to shoot off of but she was having no part of it :mrgreen:
I can't believe the missus would treat you so badly.. :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
25-5 & 28 Sorry about being dirty was at the range. This was when I first bought the 25, looked at the first photo then took that ugly white out of the roll marks. Interesting the size of the muzzle compared to the .357. Legend has it the Dirty Harry movies were made with a .45 LC instead of a .44 Mag. Hole looked bigger on the screen. Anybody know if it is true ?





Boats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,677 Posts
I read a thing on that not to long ago. I forgot his name but the guy who did all the aquiring of the guns they used has one of the model 29 44 mags they used and there is a picture of him and it with the story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Here's my pea-shooters, not .45LC, but will get the job done just the same!! 624's in 4 and 3 inch flavor.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Well I guess that settles the Dirty Harry story, or does it ? Hollywood being what it is if there were half a dozen prop guns it could well be the one with close up's of the muzzle could have been .45 LC After all the .44 Mag uses a pipsqueak 43 caliber bullet while the Colt cartridge is a full size .452

Boats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Boats said:
Well I guess that settles the Dirty Harry story, or does it ? Hollywood being what it is if there were half a dozen prop guns it could well be the one with close up's of the muzzle could have been .45 LC After all the .44 Mag uses a pipsqueak 43 caliber bullet while the Colt cartridge is a full size .452

Boats
Give Boats a nice round of applause for a nice thread drift! C'mon lets give it up!!!!!!

Now where's that "usless without photo's" smilie?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top