Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Performance Center M&P 2.0 9mm today. It's quite nice. It's big, but doesn't feel big in my hand. It feels thinner than the Glocks I used to own. Trigger is pretty decent, and the light tube style sights are easy to pick up. The choice of backstraps is a nice touch. I found the one that feels perfect. I got the model without the external safety.

·
Super Moderator
34,231 Posts
Nice pistol! The M&P line are fine firearms we have a M&P .40 FS here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the sister gun. I got one in .40 S&W. I need more time at the range to get used to the trigger. I'm still more accustomed to the trigger my XDM (also in .40 S&W) has.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm used to revolvers with the crescent shaped trigger. I have long, slender fingers. I anticipate no issues. The break on this pistol is nice.

·
Premium Member
12,451 Posts
Good choice. Plenty of capacity. I now prefer EDC handguns without the external thumb safety, as it's one less thing to remember during the draw cycle. Modern designs are safe without the external thumb safety if properly handled.

I have a PC Shield (version 1) and it had a markedly better trigger than the standard Shield. As so many people were replacing the standard shield trigger with Apex triggers at the time (ultimately spending more on them than the price of the PC Shield alone) I got the upgraded model. I also like the fiber optic sights. That and the PC shield is ported.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the fiber optic sight on it. Very easy to pick up. When there is light, that is. I might upgrade to Tritium at some point. Or maybe a light.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Mine came with night sights that was hard see target shooting daytime so installed Hi Viz fiber optics . I carry small Thorfire and keep Maglite bedside .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speaking of sights...How does a person tighten the rear sight so it can't move side to side. I noticed that if I push hard on it, I can move it a little bit. Is the large regular screw for elevation? How do I tighten the side to side motion? Is there a hex screw at the bottom of the small hole that's just above the large flat screw? If there is, it must be pretty small.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I'm not familiar with your sights my guess big screw is for elevation did manual come with pistol ? I

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok. Duh. I just didn't have the right size wrench. I found a 1/16 wrench and it tightened the screw. Looking down the hole seemed like nothing was there, but I was actually looking down the hole in the screw itself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts