Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my PC 925 a few years ago thinking it would be at the top of my favorites list. I wanted one for a few years before I 'pulled the trigger.' I had some initial issues with developing a good load for it, and it never shot very accurately. I don't have another (out of 9) that I can complain about, since they all will shoot clover leaf patterns off a rest at 15 yards. It gradually moved it's way to the back of the safe and lived there for a few years. Inaccurate guns are not very interesting. Additionally, the barrel was slightly over clocked, just enough to be annoying.

Inspired by a recent service experience, I finally sent it back to S&W. I just received notice that it's on it's way home, and I'm excited to get it back. S&W had it for 15 days, which is not a bad turnaround -- if the results are good. I will continue here with a report in a few days.

·
Premium Member
18,627 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass!
Thanks for the welcome. I joined the forums some years back, but too many email address changes ago to recover my account. Same username though -- surprised that worked. Suppose I was purged at some point. ButterSmooth was my action tuning goal in those days -- now I can't see well enough for detail work. Still got some smooth, sweet revolvers though. This forum was a great source of knowledge and support then and looks like it's still that way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
S&W aligned the barrel and didn't indicate any other repairs. But now the gun shoots 1 ragged hole at 15yds like all my other revolvers. Don't understand why it shoots so much better now, but I'll take it. It's the fun revolver I always thought it would be. It seems to like the 200gr. semi-wadcutters I've been feeding it, and they make Major power levels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts