Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my son has been asking to learn how to combat shoot. He does well shooting static with his K38 and K22, and can't keep his hands off of my boltaction .22lr rifle's. He prefers them to his 10/22, he does love to shoot my, soon to be his, M1 Carbine. Well after a couple of days of dryfiring, cadence calling, failure drills, reloading, and such, it was off to the range to put rounds on target.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
WOW!! That is cool! How old is your boy? Mine is 15 and loves to shoot the AR-15 I gave him. I'd like to get him into what your boy is doing! He looks like he's getting very proficient! Good for you dad!!! kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
toroflow said:
WOW!! That is cool! How old is your boy? Mine is 15 and loves to shoot the AR-15 I gave him. I'd like to get him into what your boy is doing! He looks like he's getting very proficient! Good for you dad!!! kfjdrfirii

He's 11yrs old. Been shooting since he was 5.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
NICE! My boy has been shooting since about that age also. I find that with him shooting, I have to really keep my reloading humming along!! I need to teach and make him do his own reloading!! :D

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
That is awesome, he looks like a pro already!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Excellent...most excellent. Doesn't get any better than that.

·
Super Moderator
32,571 Posts
Looks like a great time. I started shooting at about the same age. Very nice memories. :D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Leighton... it looks as though he is even verbalizing, issuing the police command. Combat shooting is definitely a thrill, and I admit that the first time I did it was a few months ago during the corrections academy. I have always been a static shooter, not anymore. Thanks for sharing... great pics!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts