Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,673 Posts
Try Numrich (Gun parts Corp). If they don't have it, and Jack First doesn't have it, the last places to look will be either eBay or gunbroker.com

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Best of luck!

Reactions: blitzen25cat

·
Premium Member
19,813 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! Try Gunpartauction.com, Gunparts original. Com. BTW, your breaktop is a .38 S&W, not .38 Special. They are different cartridges. Also, the ratchet on the star will likely need to be fitted to the hand on each chamber.

Reactions: lawdog

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Try looking on EBay. There are a couple of sellers that post parts for older S&W gun. This seller in particular lists parts on a regular basis: estatejewels4u2 .
I have him on my saved seller list in EBay and get notified vis an email from time to time of his new listings. It will take some time but you should be able to find what you need. Good luck!

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! Try Gunpartauction.com, Gunparts original. Com. BTW, your breaktop is a .38 S&W, not .38 Special. They are different cartridges. Also, the ratchet on the star will likely need to be fitted to the hand on each chamber.
Thanks for the info. Looking for info for my husband. Don't know the difference in a .38 special and .38.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try looking on EBay. There are a couple of sellers that post parts for older S&W gun. This seller in particular lists parts on a regular basis: estatejewels4u2 .
I have him on my saved seller list in EBay and get notified vis an email from time to time of his new listings. It will take some time but you should be able to find what you need. Good luck!

John
Thanks so much

·
Premium Member
19,813 Posts
Don't know the difference in a .38 special and .38.
.38 S&W is an older cartridge that is shorter and slightly fatter than .38 S&W Special. .38 Special cannot be fully inserted into the chambers on your gun.

Reactions: blitzen25cat

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone have a suggestion as to where I might find an Ejector star for a .38 5 shot? (from 1890 's)
Already tried http://www.jackfirstgun.com/
The extractor star is one of the more carefully fitted parts ... so even if you find one, be prepared to do some careful fitting to make it work.

And no, cylinder assemblies (which would include the extractor star) are also not generally interchangeable.

By the way, you didn't say if this was a top break gun, or a hand ejector. Both were made in the 1890's.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,269 Posts
welcome01to the forum from SE Indiana. Pics are always helpful when requesting help..I'm thinking top break;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts