Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pair of Model 29-2s shipped to H. H. Harris in Chicago, IL in March 1963. 44 Magnums with a 5-inch barrel have always been a favorite of mine.

Bill

·
Registered
898 Posts
Owning two is silly....when you have only one, you appreciate it more...I can help...please let me know how much you want for the one on the right...or the left.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Real nice guns, Bill ;) .
I wonder if the Harris Company favored that barrel-length or if both guns were specifically ordered for one customer?
Be great if they could talk :D
Don

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Awesome, how far apart are the serial numbers?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 29-2 on the left is S231233 and on the right is S229239 (S231233 shipped on 7 March and S229239 shipped on 17 March).

Bill

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The actual number of 44 Magnums with a 5-inch barrel is unknown, but I think 500 is a good estimate.

Bill

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I discover something new every time you make a post Doc44.Your guns are always rare versions and you have great history on them.And they are always in pristine condition.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think the 5" N frame is perfect in balance. Beautiful pair. Doc your posts are to us like playing a game against the computer, just amazing, flawless and we can never win :mrgreen: . Thank you for sharing. James

·
Super Moderator
32,513 Posts
The N frame and the grips are a bit much for my smallish hands, and the .44 Magnum kicks harder than I care for. But those are two very nice revolvers. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts