Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
20,458 Posts
LeMat, Many of us here own revolvers, exclusively. We're not going to be in the Gunfight at the OK Corral, or be attacked by terrorists, anytime soon. :roll:

The Police and Military carry semi-auto's to handle combat conditions. Most civilians, that tend to over equip themselves, are just wannabees, that "play" at CCW. They have neither the training, nor equipment to handle a terrorist attack. For those in harm's way, or live in crime prone areas, there is the need to take CCW seriously.

For most, (you and me. for instance) 5 or 6 shots (plus 6 reload) is entirely sufficient to handle most situations. The most important thing is to practice. I know that you do shoot IDPA. ;) Bob

· Registered
20,458 Posts
LeMat, Since .357 mag. is right up there, as far as effectiveness goes, I think that my 2 1/2" 66 is the ultimate for CCW needs. That's why I got one, several years ago. Your 586 is basically the same. I usually carry a .38+P (M-36 or M-10 snubbies), but the .357 rates better than the .45acp (1911) for one shot takedowns. I wanted a 1911....'til I read that!!!! :eek: ;) Bob

But then, for woods carry.....you have the RedHawk.....dontcha'???? :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.