Smith And Wesson Forums banner

41 - 60 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Let me introduce Zachary.

He's a long haired black Persian that we got from an animal shelter many years ago. We had an aging grey Tabby female named Bluey (she looked kinda blue in certain light) that needed some exercise, so we got her a kitten to play with. Can't say they were the best of buddies but they did chase each other around and hung out together.
She died a few years ago and poor Zachary would mope around and make the most pitiful sounds. He even stopped eating for a while.
He's gettin' older and heavier now and we decided to get him a kitten to play with.
My wife works as a home health care aid right here in town and put the word out on the small town, old biddy grapevine.
Before we got any results from that, while she was walking home from work one day, a medium haired tuxedo kitten ran out from under our back porch and climbed into her arms.
He was bony and scrawny and ate and drank everything he could find.

And did lotsa napping.

We took him to the vet, got him treated for worms and found that he was about 8 months old and probably lived all that time as a feral cat.
After he got a little healthier we took him back to the vet to get "fixed."
He spent a coupla days looking pitiful and miserable.

We call them "The Skipper" and "Little Buddy."

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Very nice collection of furry friends. Verah nice.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Now, what to name him?
I came up with Natayo. I'm Blackfoot and that's Blackfoot for "cat".
So basically I named out cat, cat. Creative huh?
Let me introduce Natayo.

·
Premium Member
16,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
He likes broccoli too.
That's funny. We have a male that really likes lettuce. If we forget to give him some he will go into the waste basket and pull out some leaves.

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Our outside cat, Tricky, said he wanted to be able to get into our summer kitchen. Just finished the door.

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
So to give my wife something different for her birthday I build her a summer kitchen.

She is all set to move in but wait? Is something amiss?

41 - 60 of 177 Posts