Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. An old young former Marine here and feel honored to be allowed to be amongst the knowledgeable and passionate people on this forum. I have already received answers to some questions an truly appreciate the knowledge, respect and decorum maintained by the host and posters. 'Fraid I've gotten bit by the wheelgun bug so hope I am spending the kids's inheritance judiciously! Also like to play with and rebuild old junkers recognizing my fun destroys the collectable value. Anyhow...really glad to be here.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Hey P Man,

Welcome to S&W!

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
26,391 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome. My hubby is retired USMC. Remember: There is no such thing as a FORMER Marine.
Thanks for the welcome and Semper Fi to you and your hubby. Semantics I guess. The oath I took certainly has no expiration and I am NOT an ex! But "former" as also a "former" cowboy but now simply a Grandpa.

·
Premium Member
13,722 Posts
Welome to the forum.

I have a real preference for the older Smith and Wesson revolvers (pre lock) and for a number of reasons. The most important is my dislike of the latest cost reduction technology (sleeved barrel). Properly done (like Dan Wesson) the sleeve can be innovative... S&W's approach has yet to be proven in my opinion.

If you want to invest in handguns, buy them as close to factory new condition as you can, and don't mess with them.

But... it sounds like you enjoy mechanical work. The precision, design and construction of firearms is one reason I am interested in them. That comes from very early days with my own grandfather in his home workshop. He was a metal worker that made commercial sewing machines.

But... there are no former Marines or cowboys. Those things stick with you the rest of your days... You are a Marine. You are a cowboy. BTW.... (evil S&W enabler at work)... have you seen these:

They are simply exquisite...

Reactions: wirenut and jeepnut

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois..

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Welcome mate and thank you for your service.... The enabling will begin shortly, enjoy the ride..

thewelshm

1 - 20 of 22 Posts