Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a nickel plated 4" 15-3 / .38 special here in Lane County Oregon. This looks to be a friendly and informative site and I am glad to meet everyone.

Rev. Jim II

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Hi and a hearty welcome, RevJim II.
Sure hope you continue to enjoy the great folks here!
Don
welcome01

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Welcome from Coeur d'Alene.
Pacific Northwesterners are always welcome here.
Join in, Post often, share your pics. We love pictures

For those of you not familiar with the city name it's pronounced:
Core-Duh-Lane. And it means "An awl in the heart"
Comes from the french fur traders telling the Indians (Sorry QC, that's what they called them back then. Just telling the story)

(Loosly translated from gutteral french)
"Your killing me with this trade. you're sticking an awl in my heart"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all! I appreciate the welcomes and the great attitudes on this forum. It has been too long since I found myself in Coeur d'Alene, the Almighty himself vacations there. Leave it to the Texan to have a nose for horses! I live about a ranch here in Oregon and find myself tending to a veritable herd of animals.. from a mini dachsund (Buddy) to our Quarter Horse (Opie).. many in between.

I have only a pic of my newest friend, my Model 15-3 .38 that just joined my efforts in civility. I will endeavor to add more pics of the new and unusual as time and memory allows. I hope to get some good IDPA pics this year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you m657, I am just south of Junction City and pass through that area all the time on the way to Albany. Is the ARPC open to the public or a members only org?

Rev. Jim II

·
Registered
668 Posts
You are welcome to visit as a general club guest to observe any event. There are public access days such as "sight in days" and "full auto" days. You can sign in for various competition matches without being a member.

You can also sign in as a personal guest with a member and use the facilities individually. If you'd like to meet some day there I'd be happy to show you around.

We could try out that new Smith on some falling plates.

http://www.arpc.info/ is the web site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have spent the last hour perusing the website for arpc and believe I will just have to join a bit after the first of the year. Its going to be a busy holiday season so I will have to put it off till maybe Feb next year. I didn't realize there was a facility of that quality so close to me!

Made my day.

Rev. Jim II

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi RevJimII

A warm welcome to the forum, welcome01

Visit and post often. ijfpfnfna

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
m657, you had me at 'full auto'.. lol..

Thank you everyone, this is a great place.. I do believe I will stick around.

Rev. Jim II

1 - 19 of 19 Posts