Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
18,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited the gunmagwarehouse.com web site to see what all is available that I might need. I was specifically looking for a magazine for my Ruger SR22 and my 1911. I got a factory Ruger magazine for the 22 and ended up getting a Mec-Gar, 8 round magazine for my Springfield 1911. Springfield magazines were sold out. While I was there I added a 30 magpul Gen2 magazine for my AR. The gen3 with a window were sold out unless you wanted a 10 pack. Shipping for the 3 was their minimum amount of only $5.99. That gives me 3 for the SR22, 5 for the 1911, but 2 need new spring kits, and a bunch for the AR. I dont generally go crazy with magazines for my pistols, but like more than 1 or 2. Bought my SR9c shortly after Sandy Hook when there was talk of national magazine limits so I quickly bought 2 more of the 17 rounders to go with the one it came with. I eventually got a couple more 10 rounders to go with the 1 included with the gun. 1 each of the 17 and 10 round magazines are still in the package for when I need them. Some day I will get another Shield magazine or 2. I have 2 of each size now. I don't want to pay $35 for one, when I have seen them as low as $9.99 (ok, only once), and more commonly around $17.99. I suppose it will be a while before demand drops enough to warrant those prices.
What are your thoughts on "Enough Magazines"?

Reactions: jeepnut

· Registered
23,689 Posts
I perused their site myself but didn't see anything I wanted. I bought 2 75 round drums for my mini-14 a while back and they work well, but oh so heavy loaded with 75 rounds.

I need an extra 5 round magazine for my 338 Lapua Savage but I suspect that will be a factory item. Not much demand for a howitzer magazine...lol

· Registered
18,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I perused their site myself but didn't see anything I wanted. I bought 2 75 round drums for my mini-14 a while back and they work well, but oh so heavy loaded with 75 rounds.

I need an extra 5 round magazine for my 338 Lapua Savage but I suspect that will be a factory item. Not much demand for a howitzer magazine...lol
I could probably use another magazine or 2 for my mini-14, but will pass on the 75 round drum. I would have to hit the gym for a while before I could carry it. :sneaky: I like the 20 round magazines for the Mini-14. Ruger sure wants a lot for them. It's $50 for a 30 round and $40 for a 20 round mini-14 magazine. Gunmagwarehouse has them for $10 less, but currently out of stock

· Banned
1,715 Posts
Wasn't this just basically an ad for gunmagwarehouse.com ???

Reactions: Golphin

· Registered
23,689 Posts
I could probably use another magazine or 2 for my mini-14, but will pass on the 75 round drum. I would have to hit the gym for a while before I could carry it. :sneaky: I like the 20 round magazines for the Mini-14. Ruger sure wants a lot for them. It's $50 for a 30 round and $40 for a 20 round mini-14 magazine. Gunmagwarehouse has them for $10 less, but currently out of stock
The only way to use a 75 round drum on a mini is with a Bipod. It's insanely heavy, nose heavy. I got them as a 'just in case' accessory. I prefer the 10 round and have a few of them.

· Registered
18,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wasn't this just basically an ad for gunmagwarehouse.com ???
Well, maybe sort of, but it was more of a question on magazines..Are you the kind of person that sticks with what the gun comes with, do you get a half dozen more for your pistol, or somewhere in between

Reactions: jeepnut

· Registered
1,907 Posts
Because of years of shooting our local weekly competition, one week a month of which is PPC that required 6 magazines (or reloading empties between stages), my standard number of magazines per gun is six. I have more than that for some, and one less for another gun that I'm not fond of - but 6 is my standard number.

· Registered
1,907 Posts
I visit gunmagwarehouse and many other web sites when I want to buy magazines. Many times GMWH has been out of what I wanted, but I look there. More than once I found the best price on manufacturer original magazines on EBay. In fact, occasionally there is no one who has a specific magazine except an EBay seller. And all of this is before the current mess and wide spread outages.

· Registered
18,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While there, I browsed other items just to see the magazine situation. A good many are out of stock. There are still AR magazines available with a reduced number of choices, but where guns & ammo sales go, magazines are soon to follow. If you don;t really need to have it now the best option is probably to wait. Wasn't all that long ago that they were practically giving AR mags away. Manufacturing will or has ramped up and when demand drops so will the prices

· Registered
24,066 Posts
I am always looking around at gun shows and garage sales. Recently found this at my Goodwill store in the cookware. Nine dollars. Even if I can't use it it is trade fodder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.