1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thinking it's a nice gun, your welcome in advance. And it's a 2-1/2"

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can't go wrong with it. Please forward pics and details when possible.

·
Registered
197 Posts
s-h, welcome to the Forum...nice choice, from what we see at the shows, the 4 inch ones, NIB are in the $500 range, so the shorter one may be a premium, hardly ever see them at all..... nvonjvila

·
Registered
22 Posts
The S&W model 63......
What a great lil' gun!! I was looking for a light weight .22 handgun to take on my trap line that I traveled on snow shoes in Alaska. The S&W model 422 / 6" barrel / fixed sights was accurate & light, but when it got much below zero it would fail to return into battery by 1/16" on a regular basis. Not a good thing when you are looking at an upset wolverine or lynx at close quarters!!

I researched options and decided on a NIB S&W model 63 / 4" barrel / adj. sights. I quickly put on a set of Pachmyar "Gripper" grips, not only for a bit more hand filling feel but all so a lot less cold to grip when it's cold outside! I took it to the nice warm indoor range with a number of different brands of ammo to see what it liked & would shoot most accurately. The lil revolver out shot my Browning Buckmark Bullseye Competition model with a number of different loads!! I was impressed!!

Over the years it has taken a number of snow shoe rabbits, ptarmigan, spruce hen grouse, ruff grouse, and ground squirrels!!
And it has never malfunction!! :)

I liked it so much I bought the .22 mag, 3 1/2" barreled, adj. sights, blued version recently!
Great all-around lil' .22 revolvers. I even have a speed loader for when the ptarmigan try to over run me! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you wanting the model 63 for plunking, defense, learning to shoot? Or all of the above??? I wanted my model 63 for shooting at the range. Since ammo is alot cheaper for the 22 than other calibers, I got the five inch barrel for more of a target gun. I have the mod 63-4. Love it, love it, love it. Its a sweet little revolver!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts