Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Smith and Wesson Forums, I would like to hear some opinions from my fellow forum members about the taurus model 94 .22 caliber revolver. sincerely mg357 a proud member of the Smith and Wesson Forums. p.s. the reason that i am asking for opinions on this specific revolver is because one of my favorite gun shops has one for sale for a reasonable price and im thinking about buying it

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
If the price is good and the revolver is in good shape, buy it. It will give you good results for single and double action shooting. It will also serve you well in a holster for field use. Pick up 50 rd. boxes of every brand of .22 LR ammo you can find. Shoot them as see which give the best results in the little Taurus. Buy all you can of the ammo and lot number that gives you best results. Buy the ammo that is second and third in results and use it for practice... if it is cheaper than the best ammo. Otherwise, just buy all the best ammo available. You will have some who will disparage your choice of revolver. Ignore them. Enjoy that little Taurus. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Honestly, time and again I've wanted to buy one. My experience with Taurus revolvers has been mixed, though, and - based on what I've seen written up on forums like this one - I don't want to have to risk dealing with Taurus customer service . . . so I've always stayed away. If you get one, I hope it works wonderfully for you and that you have a great time with it. I've just never been able to bring myself to buy one.

·
Registered
21,160 Posts
It's a TAURUS! You're on a S&W Forum. We all like quality revolvers........even if you have to pay a little more. Bob

·
Registered
11,053 Posts
My brother has one. I have shot it with more than a few brands/weights/velocity ammo. It goes 'bang' every time, the accuracy is worse than Barb's Ruger Standard Model semi-auto (with the worst performer of ammo). The trigger is ,,,, it goes 'bang' every time. I would buy one if it were cheap enough but, I would try to do something with the trigger.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's a TAURUS! You're on a S&W Forum. We all like quality revolvers........even if you have to pay a little more. Bob
Amen ! Save your money and get "The Best"------You are seldom sorry , that way. The same thing can not be said for a "cheap" purchase ; for the sake of being"cheap" in an attempt to stretch your money !

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
I own a .22 Model 94 in 2 inch, and 2 S&W Model 34's in .22. They all function 100% BUT the Taurus has a trigger that is so heave it can't be measured, so accuracy also suffers. For what it's worth I took a friend shooting yesterday and he had to use TWO fingers to pull the trigger it was so still. This isn't a isolated case for the 94 it is very common. You can TRY to lighten it but then you get light primer strikes.

If you are just looking for something to burn up ammo it will work for a man but accurate shooting, kids, or female shooters are out of the question.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
I bought one once after looking unsucessfully for a S&W Model 63. I tried @ 3 or 4, one was terrible w/ an action so crummy I wasn't sure it would even go bang, one was loose & sloppy, one fairly tight; so I picked the one w/ the best action & tightest lockup. It functioned alright but nothing to brag about, accuracy was ok, the action was stiff & glitchy & got a lot worse when the muzzle was pointed up. Finally I found a new Model 63 & decided the M94 had no place in the safe next to my Model 63 (it wasn't like I wanted to shoot it anymore w/ good guns available) & beloved Model 34's so it got traded for something else. If the one you're looking @ is cheap enough it might serve you well but I'd look it over carefully first.

·
Registered
21,160 Posts
I usually look for a cheap price .......on a good gun, like a a S&W or a Ruger. I won't own any cheap guns. Bob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had one and like others have said, it was fairly crummy at best. Trigger pull never did smooth out, it would go out of time, not very accurate. If you plan on shooting much with it, I think you'll regret your purchase.

·
Super Moderator
35,097 Posts
We have one here and no problems with it, but it does seem like for the length of time Taurus has been in business and the prices on many of them the quality really needs to be consistent. Taurus reminds me of the Hi-Point handguns and carbines. Either it works great or is junk. I like to side on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I've never owned a Taurus. Don't expect to. For the extra money, a quality Colt or S&W is the safe bet. If you want to save money, save it up. When you get enough, buy a Colt or S&W revolver. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Run, don't walk, away from that deal. I couldn't sell mine fast enough. Very poor quality. Trigger horrible. Cylinder bores too tight. Needed a hammer to pound ejector rod to eject casings. Customer service was no help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts