Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Opinion about this

2K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  potmetal 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you think about doing this highlighting in white. I found this on Facebook.

See less See more
#2 ·
What about it? Is it for sale or something? I have one; it replaced my Glock because those variable backstraps allowed me to get a better grip

#3 ·
Since Facebook doesn't permit listing anything having to do with firearms, run away from anything to do with someone selling this...

As to the firearm, they are well made and a good choice.

#6 ·
I think some of you guys are missing the question.
The OP is asking what the board membership thinks about the way the roll marks on the gun in the picture are filled in with white paint - yay or nay?
I like doing it on the mags because it makes them easy to ID when they are in the mag storage bins in my safe. I mark mine with a white paint pen so I can tell at a glance what gun they fit.
I'm not so fond of the "billboard" look for the gun. I prefer the more subtle look of the original roll marks, but then I'm kind of a traditionalist personally. I love the looks of deep bluing and nice wood. Not that I shy away from plastic framed pistols, but I still like old school.

Reactions: jmcisc and K9wardog
#13 ·
After I do that..I'm gonna chrome plate my hammer and put a nice marine spar varnish finish on the handle.
Whatever floats your boat. :rolleyes:
That would make a good u-tube video.
Pimp My Plastic...

Reactions: 7000al and K9wardog
#14 ·
What do you think about doing this highlighting in white. I found this on Facebook.
Serious answer? It does nothing for me, but if you like it... what the heck? :)

I bought one used gun that had the rollmarks filled in by the previous owner. Didn't like the look, but the gun was exactly what I wanted at the time (and the deal was very good). Tried to clean out the rollmarks later, but it was hopeless... so they are still there to this day. :whistle:

#15 ·
Hubby did a couple of his Glocks that way. I thought they were super gross. He did them with white crayon, though, so it was removable. That part was good.

One of my S&W semis came with the white in the grooves. I don't like it, but the factory did it so I'm stuck, and it's a range toy anyway and it shoots well.

#18 ·
We used to have a guy at the gun show who specialized in milsurp rifles. We would do the white highlight on all the old Mausers, Enfields and Mosins. Whatever he used could be cleaned out with a little tooth brush scrubbing though.
I could kind of see it on an old military rifle or pistol to highlight acceptance stamps, country of origin marks, etc., but I don't see the need on a new gun.

Reactions: K9wardog
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.