Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a trade last week for this kit by Ontario, called Rugged Gear. Consist of 4 blades exchangable in one handle with a nylon sheath, all bubble packaged that is unopened. Is this worth $15.00? I paid that for a used military sleeping bag and someone wanted it and offered this kit. I'm not too proud that the package has "Made in China". Thanks for your help. PS, you will not hurt my feelings with your replies, good or bad.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ontario has a wide variety of knives. I have a Raider Bowie made here, and a Joe Pardue Utilitac folder I carry everyday made in Taiwan that is of very good quality. I think Ontario would not just slap their name on anything without quality checks. Almost every current large scale knife company has an 'international line'. Like Buck, Benchmade, and Spyderco all have certain knives made in China. Maybe one day when China is the most powerful country everyone will want Chinese steel. :lol: If this kit will serve you better than a sleeping bag don't feel bad about the trade.

Just found this on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ontario-ON8798-Knif ... tsupported

I'd say you got $15.00 worth.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some early & later machetes produced by them and they are good quality for the military. Made an assumption that all their products were of equal quality. Have not opened the "Bubble" package yet, I may even have the opportunity to return the kit for the sleeping bag. Thank you for your response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts