Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cabelas website last night. Or Brownells. Cheaper than Dirt. Whatever.

Sales, clearance items. Right on. Nothing in stock. No backorders, etc.

Their items are like political promises. I got some of my own. Here are some samples:

...........................Happy days here again!................

" S&W registered magnum. Original box, unopened and unshot. NIB.
Has sales receipt and a Jinks letter. Pristine. 12 in stock, free shipping!

$500 each.

Five Colt Pythons available. Two are factory nickle plate and all are NIB.

One has faded box, will take $375 for it. Rest are $400. No credit card fees. First come first served.

$250 buys you your choice of used M16 rifles. These full auto gems not only include cleaning kits but we pick up all transfer and related costs of ownership. 301 rifles in stock. Own a piece of history! Shipping by next day air is $5.

Ammo sale clearance!

Every pistol ammo in STOCK NOW!

Gold Dot. Box of 20: 99 cents, no limit!

Winchester critical defense 9 mm JHP. 1,000 rounds $49.95.

Did I mention free shipping? Shop now!

Belt-fed .50's! We got 'em NOW! We are giving away twenty (20) to lucky callers.

Mounted on new diesel Jeep Wranglers ( included free) you will be the talk of the town!

You pay $29 to license the Jeep. We will take care of all legal stuff on the fifties! Delivery available, or drive them home today!

Wow! And unlike Cabelas "deals" these are all in-stock items and available. Get yours now....

·
Registered
15,423 Posts
I quit dealing with Cabelas when Dick Cabela sold out to Bass Pro. In fact, I have not been in their local store (3 miles away) in at least 2 years. They have nothing that interests me and if they did, I'm 100% sure I could get it elsewhere for less.

Cabelas is the emporium of overpriced stuff that is mostly made in China.

Don't need anything that goes 'bang', my toolbox is quite stuffed and I have enough 'makings' to last me until I die so I'm no longer a consumer of firearms or components.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Saw one yesterday.........Buy new high grade rifle and get a free African Safari !!!

Man what a deal !!!

Wish I felt like going !!!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Rarely is a "Cabelas" sale item in stock. Not like the good ole days..they may as well just dump the Cabelas name altogether and call them Ass Pro Shops. Ooops forgot the b...not really...

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Yeah, Cabela's fell apart when Bass Pro took over.

·
Premium Member
11,647 Posts
In stock gun deals in a time of high demand and sales?

Listen... I've got this bridge I need to sell you...

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I punched in more than a dozen clearance, sale or discontinued guns at Cabelas. None in stock, backorderable or available this side of Jupiter.

Pistol ammo? The .454 Casull ammo was about $1.80 a round, Rest of it: There was none.

Me? Black card Mastercard Cabelas club ultra supremo with a gazillion Cabelas points.

I can buy some Cabelas fudge, cause all firearm related stuff is being shipped from Pluto, arriving by horsedrawn buggy in 2029.

:mad:

·
Registered
13,520 Posts
Around here if there is anything in stock, the shop wants MSRP for it right now. It's $749.99 for a S&W Sport II at one place. same place had them for $569.99 about 6 months ago

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I was wanting a Ruger PC carbine in 9 mm. Put it on my "wish list" at Cabelas online. I ordered 3,000 large rifle primers that were "in stock" . The email said they were delayed, and if they did not arrive in six months (6) months, they would cancel the order.

At $549, the rifle was the best price on line. I figured it might be a wait. Found one for $559 on Gunbroker. Picked up yesterday at FFL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts