Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
that 3" is with a rest , not standing off hand - barrel was like new when i installed it years ago - cyl gap set at minimum + forcing cone polished -
Even shooting from an ordinary rest, such as a sandbag, is not testing the gun alone, it's also testing the shooter's bench-rest technique. Only totally objective way is by use of a machine rest; using one of those would probably shave off another 1/2", maybe more.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Even shooting from an ordinary rest, such as a sandbag, is not testing the gun alone, it's also testing the shooter's bench-rest technique. Only totally objective way is by use of a machine rest; using one of those would probably shave off another 1/2", maybe more.
When Frank Pachmyer was accurizing 1911s, he hand held them to get the best accuacy. Apparently the Ransom rest was not up to his standards.

Kevin

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
A few observations. Its a round butt and lacks the MADE IN U.S.A. one expects from a 1922-1948 era piece. The ejector rod I assume you made to accomodate the new barrel? Having once owned a wonder sight I found it pleasant.
The piece has character. I like it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts