Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,908 Posts
We had the world's ugliest rabbit a year ago that half lived under one of our evergreens. Most rabbits are kind of cute, but not this one. And the darned thing bit off every one of my orange cosmos that had reseeded themselves for years. The nasty little critter left the stems and heads on the ground and I never had any more cosmos come up after that.

I knew it was that rabbit because for years the deer never touched the cosmos although they ate every flower and bud of several other flowers.

In another house we planted a package of green beans. That resident rabbit came for breakfast every morning. He enjoyed the beans. We wound up being able to pick 5 of them.

Rabbits are not my favorite "cute" wild critters.

· Registered
618 Posts
We don't have many rabbits around the house. Occasionally some will show up but the dogs chase them although they don't know what to do when and if they corner one. The outside cat, on the other hand, slaughters them. You can usually find the debris outside the kitchen door.

· Registered
2,123 Posts
I have critters all over the property, I love it. Currently one species of Aloe is blooming and the bees are getting jiggy with it. I stick my hand right in the mix of bees, they couldn't care less.
I talk to them in a calm voice and praise their work. Yes, I'm insane. Sooo....

· Registered
225 Posts
We have snowshoe hares were I live. A couple years ago a baby ended up right by the house. Loggers across the road must have spooked them away. We took it in and kept it feed, clover and dandelion greens from the yard. After 2 or 3 weeks he was ready to go, and I was ready to have him gone.They are wild things, not meant to be in the house! At least we gave him a chance at life. After he was let loose we saw him about a week later but not since. They are very elusive critters....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts