Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, with my wife in tow fixed an electrical outlet at my teenage granddaughter's house, in her bedroom in fact, not a hard job, but it took some effort. With that done and since Cabelas is less than a quarter mile from her home, I told my wife I needed to buy a new pair of hiker-style shoes and I'd like to stop by and get another pair, which we did. Because I know the layout of the store, my secret strategy was to go down the escalator from the top deck where they sell foot ware, the path headed right by the "Gun Library", what a surprise! We stopped and I saw a couple of High Standard pistols that were marked nearly $300 dollars higher than one I bought there just last year, that's crazy! On the other hand, there was an old Colt New Service in 45 Colt marked at $600 bucks, which is a dynamite price, but not something I'm looking for, so we left. Well, it got me to thinking of a unicorn I'd like to come across, but know it will never happen.

I'm retired from the Arizona Public Service Company. I started there in 1980 and in those very early days of my career they had armed security guards at the main office and another important building. Essentially a man that sat behind a desk, but was packing heat. That all changed later when security was rented out, then brought back, initially without being armed, then later arming again, a long story. The point is, in the early years, the company provided the sidearms, all Smith & Wesson revolvers as I understand it, stamped or etched (not sure) with APS on them....I want one! One of my friends who was a former colleague and eventually my boss for a time, he is a big shooter and gun guy, he had a lead on one years back, but it never panned out.

My guess is they would be a Model 10 or possibly a Model 15 at most. If anyone ever comes across an old revolver with APS or APSCO stamped on it, let me know, I'll offer whatever the low end of the "Gun Bible" has to say! :)

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Hope you can find one Stacey and it is affordable.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Model 15-3 was my first service revolver, handed to a barely 20 yr old kid (me) in 1979. I still have it.
Now if I could only remember where my alpha-numeric punches are. hehehe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Hope you find what your looking for Blackcloud2.
I found the one gun that I've wanted for a long time yesterday.
A S&W 457D which were produced for my old home town LEO's in the Chicago PD.
Found it on Big Blues guns for sell/trade sub forum.
Not in mint condition but I finally found one for sale.
For pics of it check out Big Blues Guns for Sale/Trade.
Thread title: **SOLD** S&W 457D

Good luck and keep searching.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I don't do facebook but .. is there aps board on there? I know they have various highschools where hey arrange reunions and military boards for guys from certain units can gather .. maybe there is one for APS past and present. People who spend 20-25 years at a gig usually are pretty loyal. The guards that were hired by APS might participate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts