Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Growing up in a world of writers, movies and t.v (I'm not one of them), I'm drawn to each character in a good story, as it adds foundation to the script and the players work off of one another.
I read there is a dog in the story. Just a dog? How can this be? There is no such thing as "just" a dog. They have brains, feelings and looks. It could be an ugly or a good-looking dog...
It's still a look.
And yet, no picture or credit of "just a dog". This is very disappointing on many levels. We can proceed to the actors union or we can see a photo of Fido...what will it be?

Reactions: jonesy814

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Ok here’s pictures of a dog being walked.
Dog Carnivore Collar Dog breed Pet supply

Spyke takes me for a walk pretty much every evening on the trail behind the house. It goes through several small towns/cities here in northwest Indiana. It’s paved the whole way and usually clear in the winter. For walkers, bikers and whatever other non-motorized means of transportation. We usually only do a mile, Spykes a little guy with short legs so his mile is longer than mine. He’s pulling me at the start and next to me or behind me by the time we get home. He stops every 20 feet and pretends to pee. It’s a nice walk away from the streets and houses.
Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree Road surface

Plant Road surface Asphalt Natural landscape Shade

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

First pic is towards the west and my house is about 300 yards and to the left. Then is a pic towards the east. Last pic is where the park department is cutting down the wild grass for some reason. It definitely chased the deer out, they’re hanging out in the woods behind my house now.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The Terrier is a rascal indeed. They are a handful and nine times out of ten take on more in the beginning, without thought as to the end. I have two rescue Terriers, I get it.
They sure can be loving critters...when they ain't barkin' and acting crazy.
The pix of the property are a real peach. Are they that nice come winter?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
MP,

What a beautiful place to walk your delightful dog.

You do carry while walking...yes/no?

Thanks!
Yep, IWB with my Shield. I also carry some pepper spray for little 4 legged critters.

The Terrier is a rascal indeed. They are a handful and nine times out of ten take on more in the beginning, without thought as to the end. I have two rescue Terriers, I get it.
They sure can be loving critters...when they ain't barkin' and acting crazy.
The pix of the property are a real peach. Are they that nice come winter?
He keeps his eyes peeled and he’s ready to bark at anything and everything. He is a handful. Weighs about 10 pounds but thinks he’s a Great Dane. Very loyal to my wife and I.
We usually get a good amount of snow in the winter, lots of lake effect being 7 miles from the southern most tip of Lake Michigan, but the city keeps the trail pretty clear in the winter since it’s considered a city owned park. I think there’s about 8 miles of paved trail cutting across our city. There’s actually 2 trails here but I haven’t been on the other one.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
MP,

That is wonderful!

Such a beautiful part of the world.

Since you carry pepper spray - Do you also carry Sudecon (only one I'm familiar with) Decontamination Wipes?

When I was still cycling, I too carried pepper spray, (Freeze Plus P) but also carried the decontamination wipes as there's always a chance of blow-back, given wind direction and haste to employ the pepper spray.

The 'wipes' are like 'wet wipes' but infused with some neutralizing agent that works pronto to relieve any pepper spray pain!

In a few instances I had 'Jaws' on 4 legs come after me...in fact, on occasion 2/3 at a time and you can believe I deployed in a big hurry. I carried my 4 oz. spray can in a nylon clip on holster.

My basic ride was a minimum of 25 miles well out into the Texas countryside where a few inconsiderate folks let their large dangerous dogs attack anyone on foot or bicycle, so I also carried a Glock 19, a spare reload, a fixed blade knife and of course pepper spray and wipes.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
ez,
I must admit that I have never even thought of any blow back from pepper spray but that definitely makes sense. I usually carry a fairly large spring assisted knife or my Buck switchblade also. I’ve only had 1 encounter (with a pretty big unleashed dog) that was averted by letting the owner know I would defend myself and my dog as I reached for my pocket.
Sorry, didn’t mean to hijack your thread Jonesy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts