Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Oldie but goodie

797 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  diyj98 
#1 ·
Something I never evenheard of, a Japanese type 26 revolver:

A comparison of sizes. It is shown next to a S&S Model 15-6. The type 26 fired some strange sized 9mm cartridge that was supposedly just a little weaker than the 38 S&W round. I put a 38 special round in the picture to show size.
difference.

See less See more
#4 ·
One day in 1980's a gentleman that had one of these Japanese Type 26 and 7 live rounds came into the gun shop I worked parttime. He wanted to make living room display of the revolver and ammo but was concerned with the live ammo being with the gun. He wanted the ammo made safe. How much would it cost? Since I did not have a round for my collection and was looking for one. We agreed that I would for the 7th round make the other 6 rounds safe, He loaned me the revolver and the Ammo. I pulled the 6 bullets and dumped the powder. I loaded the revolver with the empty cases and fired all 6 primers, I very carefully replaced the bullets in the empty cases. The customer got his nice living room display and I got a single Japanese 9mm round for my cartridge collection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.