Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about the price of an old Pre-M-27 3 1/2"? What was it called before the model numbers started in 1967? A .357 Masterpiece? That year, 1967, I graduated from H.S. ....52 years ago!!!! :roll::lol: They must be rare! How much would a nice, but shooter grade, go for? I think I remember.............Leo has one......or three or four. This is the top o' the line! I don't think that many folks would spend so much. It don't get any better!!! Let's see some pictures, and some info on how much I would have to pay for an oldie, but goodie. iuhjga;oifNGF Bob

·
Registered
214 Posts
Before model #s it was just the S&W 357 magnum. 1968 it would be 28-2. Your looking at between 1000-1500 depending on condition, if it’s in the box, etc etc. they can sometimes be found cheaper but that’s about what your looking at.

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am talking about the Pre-M-27, not the cheaper M-28......though either one would do, very nicely. Bob

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
This is my Pre-27. It was a gift to me, I love it, will never part with it, and my daughter gets it when I'm gone. I seem to show it off quite a bit because this is one has a very special meanings to me and of the man that gave it to me. He gave it to me over his own family members that are all hunters and shooters. That sure as the dickens means a lot to me.

100_1695.JPG

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill, I really would like a used one, similar to what you have pictured with the knife, in the bottom picture......I won't pay $2000 for anything.....not even a brand new custom Winchester!!!! It just ain't THAT important to me......particularly at 70! Might have to pay that for a coffin.....in a few years!!!! nvonjvila Bob

·
Administrator
8,100 Posts
Bob,
Here's one I have from 1954. Not quite the year you're looking for. If you're serious about buying one, be prepared to pay a goodly sum. I don't have the box but I'm fairly certain I could get $1500 for this one as it sits without too much trouble.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Part way through this post,I had to get one of those lobster bibs. Y’all sure know how to humble a guy, drooling like a little child! Hank
Hank,

If you are worried about your keyboard, use oh LE sided tape to anchor clear food wrap over the whole keyboard. It is flexible enough to type through, yet protect the keys from spills and such. I did it when working construction to keep my PC from damage.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Thanks,Kevin! Good tip. On my iPad, I drool on the screen. No damage so far as I know, but it makes the images blur badly! Thanks, Hank.

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well guys....perhaps I should mention that......I got a little too enthusiastic in my desires. I still want to collect S&W's, but at this point, I really don't need anymore. Sorta' stupid, on my part, 'cause I do have a couple of nice K frames left (M-10-7 2", M-67 4", & M-66-1 2 1/2") that I intend to shoot a fair amount this year.......and for as long as I'm here, anyway....I guess. nvpAN:roll: I'm not gonna' save 'em for somebody else to enjoy shootin'!!! Can't think of anybody that I like enough to leave 'em to. happyroller l;nfPNFIw :roll:

Perhaps, I should concentrate on handling my new (to me) Ruger 9mm., and getting familiar with it......since it's my 'carry gun'. I bought 4 boxes of Winchester 9mm. JHP for carry, and practice. That ought to hold me for awhile, anyway! Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts