Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a C prefixed gun from around 1950 in a holster I found in the (very) used bin at the gunshow.

I'd never seen this brand of leather before and bought it with my ol' revolver in mind.
They look like they go together, I wish this old combo could talk!

GGF

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
GGF, very nice, show us some more pics of the gun...damn, I sound like I'm asking to have her now undress for us!!!! njgapjgj Hey, every gun shop I visit, I always look through the "box" where all the holsters, straps, pouches, etc go to live. It's definitely the "Island of misfit toys", but man there are great deals that show up in those boxes, nice stuff man! kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, here's a shot of the ol' girl with nothin' on! confused02

This one set on a dealers shelf for weeks. He said he'd bet it didn't sell because of those "funny grips".
I told him I had extras at home, I'd pay his $185 and change 'em later. kfjdrfirii

GGF

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Good looking rosco, nice photo skills too kfjdrfirii
You did well with the holster, it looks like it has been with the revolver for decades

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Wow, I would have dropped the buck 85 in a heartbeat!! Nice find!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I love the early postwar Round Butt M&P's with the "Fishook" short action hammers .... there's a few of them laying around here....

Here's a 4" (C209,---). 1950.

Shown with it's younger cousin (C769,---). 1964.

These are high-interest guns that can still be found as "sleepers" at very attractive prices....

·
Registered
347 Posts
howdy , Lewis is LA old time leather maker , they have been selling to local Police since about 1941 up until the late 1970's , I have a whole collection of Lewis holster , the one pictured is one of there later post 1960. hope this helps, robbt

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very early pre heat treated 1905 fourth change. Burris Holster. Somebody cut it down from a six inch and made a great PC gun. The action is to die for. It'll take down the bowling pins at 25 yards.:)
DW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts