Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes - it's a Ruger, but I have always liked single actions and the New Vaquero in the Bisley trim is, to my eye, one of the nicest looking revolvers out there. And it is built like a tank. There's real heft to the piece. I will be replacing the grips with some Altamont bonded ivory in a checkered finish with fleur-de-les accents.
Looking forward to taking it to the range to put some 357 and 38sp through it when the paperwork arrives.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,951 Posts
Congrats as like the Bro says, Bisley does fit the hand better and IMO reduce recoil felt. Load them hot and enjoy. That is a real beauty. All you need now is some exceptional leather to carry her around in style she deserves.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gents. I know it's very old school but it just feels good in the hand, well balanced and points naturally.
For some reason I just cant stop picking it up. I'm driving my wife bonkers. :D

·
Banned
918 Posts
I've got the blued .357 version. My larger hands do better with the plow handles.

Hope this helps, the cheaper steel ammo runs very well thru my Vaquero. Might save you some $$, if you're
buying in bulk.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks gents. I know it's very old school but it just feels good in the hand, well balanced and points naturally.
For some reason I just cant stop picking it up. I'm driving my wife bonkers. :D
Don't worry 'bout it, all women do that. I think they are jealous that we can be so attracted to anything but them.

If it was mine I'd have it on the couch with me with some snap caps. Might be a week before I put it down. :D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Don't worry 'bout it, all women do that. I think they are jealous that we can be so attracted to anything but them.

If it was mine I'd have it on the couch with me with some snap caps. Might be a week before I put it down. :D
I AGREE! I still have me 686 plus next to the couch every evening so I can dry fire it a couple of times and just hold it and look at it. Especially after adding my ahrends grips.

That there is one damn pretty, very cool Ruger. Hell if I would want to put it away!! :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ok. Fine. So maybe Im watching TV and dry firing it. I feel better.
LOL .. now .. it you are going Pew pew pew as you fire at the TV ... I can see why the wife is complaining! :)

Having said that .. I may have let out a Pew Pew now and again

·
Registered
412 Posts
I like it! A very nice revolver.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts