Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure wish Algore knew what he was talkin' about 20 years ago when he warned us the dreaded Global Warming was gonna kill us all. It's about 2 above in Iowa today. Tomorrow I hafta get up at 0550 hrs to conduct surveillance. It's gonna be about 20 below.:mad:
I had to get up early a week ago to do surveillance and it was just above zero.
Please Globally warm, Al.:(
Jim

·
Registered
19,576 Posts
Surveilliance of what.....may I ask???? You checkin' to see the sun come up???? More like 0730......you can sleep late tommorow. Gonna' be too cold to get up at 0550!!!! I usually get up 0630-0700.....that's in the morning.....right???? :confused: Bob

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I'm not really sure what it's all about. The guy is 36 and had a stroke. It's not a Work Comp case, but Medical Malpractice. Hafta be out there eight hours tomorrow.
BBRRRRRR.:eek:
Jim

·
Premium Member
10,266 Posts

·
Registered
12,824 Posts
To be honest I'm not really sure what it's all about. The guy is 36 and had a stroke. It's not a Work Comp case, but Medical Malpractice. Hafta be out there eight hours tomorrow.
BBRRRRRR.:eek:
Jim
Take a bottle of Hot Damn with ya....:D

·
Registered
12,073 Posts
We have had an unusually warm winter with most days in the high of low to mid 30's, and mid 20's overnight. I think we have only had one really cold night and that was at 13 degrees. Finally getting some now. Was 32 today, and it is now 12, heading for a low of 9 degrees. Our first single digit temps of the year. The high for tomorrow is only 13 and then it is going to be down around 2 or 3 degrees on Friday night. Not supposed to last long with a high of 32 on Saturday , 35 on sunday, and 39-40 on Monday and Tuesday. That's been our winter weather pattern. Mid 20's to low 30's for a few days, then 40-43 for a couple, then back down to 30. I figure we have to be averaging a good 15 above normal for the past 6 -8 weeks

·
Premium Member
10,266 Posts
It would seem that the weather we experience from day to day has very little to do with "global warming", and everything to do with leftist politics and control. The assertion of power over others - crossing cultures and crossing borders.

And the child shall lead them... right over the cliff. Thanks Greta!

·
Registered
19,576 Posts
"Global warming".....ain't all it's cracked up to be. Al Gore positioned himself to "cash in big time" on that proposition. That's why he pushed it so strongly. He wanted to make a fortune on it!!!! ;)

'Climate change' takes millions of years.........I don't think that I can wait that long!!!! nvonjvila:roll:happyroller Bob

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was -12 when I left this morning at Oh Dark Thirty.:eek:
Warmed up to about 4 degrees later.
Attorney just called me and wants me to go back.
Good thing I'm gettin' a big retainer soon.:cool:
Jim

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Spent two winters in ND; been there, done that minus temp stuff; one reason I now live in Florida............

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
A balmy 14 degrees here. Up from a brisk -2 this morning.

Reactions: lawdog

·
Registered
19,576 Posts
When it's very cold out....you can always put on more warm clothes.....or stay inside where it's warm. They go ice fishing in Minnesota......where it gets real cold !!!! :D Bob

·
Registered
441 Posts
When it's very cold out....you can always put on more warm clothes.....or stay inside where it's warm. They go ice fishing in Minnesota......where it gets real cold !!!! :D Bob
Yea, but there are only so many places that you can go or so many things you that you can do when you're dressed like the Michelin man. I've also been ice fishing in Wyoming. In my experience that had very little to do with fishing.

·
Premium Member
11,433 Posts
It was -5 two days ago (I do live in southern Iowa) and today it is 47. I prefer today.

·
Registered
19,576 Posts
I live in a condo......and I don't miss the yard work one bit!!!!! ;) This winter has been warmer than usual, but I don't mind it , either. Some snow....but mostly rain, is OK by me. Bring the warm temps to me....every year. kfjdrfirii Bob

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Dang, but it's gonna be mid 70s here tomorrow before it cools down to the 40's again.

You'd think by now the weather could'a made up its mind and just took a steady course? But no, it's gotta be different, way different for the folks in MS of late....

·
Registered
12,073 Posts
Friday night\ early Saturday we got down to minus 2 or 3. First time below zero this year and I think first time in single digits. For mid February that's unusual. Overall it's been a mild winter with most days this year being between 28 and 35. When it gets cold it's only a day or 2. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 35, and 39 on Monday. I'll take it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts