Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Came across this website recently...amazing the amount of chopped up guns they have for sale...and pricing that surprised me-- everygunpart.com

They must be priced well enough to sell....seem high to me but what do I know...nuffin!

To see SO many classic guns, in destroyed bits.....brings a tear to my eye..

Smith-Wesson-292-Blued_4xSa3.jpg

·
Registered
28,026 Posts
What a waste but it is good to know that parts of those once classic firearms can be used.

Reactions: Breakaway500

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
A firearm is a terrible thing to waste...

Yes... I know that useful action parts and barrels come from this operation, but imagine how happy these images make the grabbers feel. I don't know who's behind the operation, but I would not be surprised to see the money behind gun control involved.

The source of their firearms (bound for destruction) is likely unclaimed firearms held then disposed by police agencies.

It's precisely why we worked to get this law on the books in North Carolina. They can be destroyed if they are damaged or the serial number is defaced, but:

https://www.ncleg.gov/enactedlegislation/statutes/pdf/bysection/chapter_15/gs_15-11.2.pdf

....30 days after the publication of the notice, then the head or chief of the law enforcement agency shall order the disposition of the firearm in one of the following ways:

(2) By sale, trade, or exchange by the agency to a federally licensed firearm dealer in accordance with all applicable State and federal firearm laws or by sale of the firearm at a public auction to persons licensed as firearms collectors, dealers, importers, or manufacturers. The head or chief of the law enforcement agency shall dispose of the firearm pursuant to this subdivision only if the firearm has a legible, unique identification number.

(3) By maintaining the firearm for training or experimental purposes or transferring the firearm to a museum or historical society

We have not caught one assigning a deputy and a file to the task of defacing the serial numbers (it's a Federal crime to do that), but I would not put it past some of our "sanctuary" crazed sheriffs.

Reactions: msharley and Cliff
1 - 4 of 4 Posts