Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion the stags look good. I've been meaning to get some for a while this looks like the time to do it. You're right about a paper puncher, this one has started going with me every time I shoot lately.
Bob

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked about the brake on the Colt forum and they said it's aftermarket. I'm going to keep looking for info.

You're right about the grips, I haven't seen a used Colt with the originals for sale around here for a long time.

Bob

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A nice one Photohause these are in nice shape for their age. Two different rear sights and two different hammers on the three.

Thanks for the suggestion Don I got my grips from Patrick today.
Bob

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure how the brake is held on. I can't see any evidence of threads and can't turn it by hand. On the bottom of the barrel there is a bump against the brake but if it was meant to be a spot weld it doesn't seem to have penetrated.

The bump is under the bluing and is not a rust bubble.

The gun is slightly more muzzle heavy than a full lug model 14 but I like it, helps steady the gun.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.