Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Officers special I picked up a month or so ago. It shoots good, I'll eventually find grips for it.
Bob

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Neat gun, Bob.
The OMS is a 'sleeper' for sure, and a great target-puncher!
The 'Coltwood' plastic panels that probably came on the gun are (IMHO) too small and hard to handle.
Plus, they're expensive.
May I suggest a set of Patrick Grashorn ('Executioner') stags made for your gun?
Very reasonable, he'll make them a tad thicker for good target-shooting, and they look great.
Below is a shot of an OMS I had that Patrick made grips for.
Don

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion the stags look good. I've been meaning to get some for a while this looks like the time to do it. You're right about a paper puncher, this one has started going with me every time I shoot lately.
Bob

·
Registered
656 Posts
Is the brake factory?

With Colt stocks costing the same as a new car and sellers finding they can sell them separately and still ask the same price for the gun with Pachs on it thus increasing their profit it's getting hard to find Colts for sale still wearing the original wood.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked about the brake on the Colt forum and they said it's aftermarket. I'm going to keep looking for info.

You're right about the grips, I haven't seen a used Colt with the originals for sale around here for a long time.

Bob

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A nice one Photohause these are in nice shape for their age. Two different rear sights and two different hammers on the three.

Thanks for the suggestion Don I got my grips from Patrick today.
Bob

·
Administrator
8,129 Posts
Bob, what a difference those stags made!
Looks great!!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Bob,

How is that muzzle brake attached?

Is it muzzle-heavy or does it help balance the gun in your hand?

I think it looks kinda neat out there on the end of the barrel.
And, those are some very fine looking stags.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure how the brake is held on. I can't see any evidence of threads and can't turn it by hand. On the bottom of the barrel there is a bump against the brake but if it was meant to be a spot weld it doesn't seem to have penetrated.

The bump is under the bluing and is not a rust bubble.

The gun is slightly more muzzle heavy than a full lug model 14 but I like it, helps steady the gun.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts