Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Oldest Son, DJ and I are leaving here in an hour or so, heading down to West VA on our annual Family Sojourn, Thanksgiving Celebration and White Tail Cull Hunt.

Every year we kill more of them, and every year they get bigger, better and more of them.

Freezer Space has been cleared, Scopes dialed in, Ammo loaded, Truck Packed.

We'll put up photos as we go....

Wish us luck!

Drew

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Good luck Drew, have a safe trip and a great time!!

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Best of luck Drew!

I always thought it was the hunt that was the best part and the split second of the 'score' was just a signal that the 'hunt' was coming to a close. Having those close to me there was always more important and made the best memories.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
azmick said:
I always thought it was the hunt that was the best part and the split second of the 'score' was just a signal that the 'hunt' was coming to a close. Having those close to me there was always more important and made the best memories.
I'm right with you Mick, but I do confess, as I get older sometimes it is really nice to bag something right away and bask in the glory telling the story and eating it!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good luck. I'm headed out myself Sunday morning.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
xtimberman said:
Stay safe - and good luck with those Silvertips! ;)

xtm
XT, you obviously know Sebago Son pretty well. ;) He's a big fan.

Break a leg Drew. Can't wait for the pics/stories.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well DJ and I drove through the night and arrived at my Son Eric's house in West VA at 8:00 AM this morning.....

I opened my mail after we got here and found this snapshot sent by youngest son Ryan who could not join us this year..... he connected this morning back home in Maine...

Looks like we're off to a pretty good start this year....

Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Sebago Son said:
My Oldest Son, DJ and I are leaving here in an hour or so, heading down to West VA on our annual Family Sojourn, Thanksgiving Celebration and White Tail Cull Hunt.

Every year we kill more of them, and every year they get bigger, better and more of them.

Freezer Space has been cleared, Scopes dialed in, Ammo loaded, Truck Packed.

We'll put up photos as we go....

Wish us luck!

Drew
Wish I was there.........not only to see the beautiful country but also to visit my grandson, daughter, and son-in-law in Morgantown. Good luck with your hunt!

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Hey Drew, glad to hear you're back in the woods with at least a couple of the boys. Good hunting.

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
May your meat locker be full this winter! (I'm thinking that it usually is..... :roll: ) and save the skins for QC........we don't want him runnin' around here....neked, ya' know!!!!! :lol: Bob

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Opening Day here in West VA was a Hat-trick....

I nailed a small button buck at dawn, DJ a 3 pointer an hour later, Eric scored a nice fat doe just before sunset....

Then there was that "bonus" buck.....

The garage looks like a damn slaughter house.....

No hunting tomorrow... we'll be caring for meat.

·
Registered
256 Posts
At least ya got enough hides for QC to cover his nakedness with... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well..... some of them got some pretty big holes in them...

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's those darn silvertips ! :lol:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Well..... some of them got some pretty big holes in them...

Its those dang howitzers y'all shoot! (that can be the front of QC's loin cloth :lol: )

Congrats on a fine hunt. I need to get WFR and head up that way!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sebago Son said:
and every year they get bigger

Drew
I thought you said they got bigger? kihfL

Hey, what's DJ hunting with? Looks like an 1895, but what caliber?

BTW, I spoke with Ryan the other night. We are going to get together after Thanksgiving to get that 'yote of his fleshed out. Should be fun...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts