Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
He's already signed 10 times more executive orders than any President in history...he ought to be the expert.
He's made a fine living the last four years side stepping the congress, and wiping his butt on our Constitution.
I expect plenty more of the same for the next four as well.

Reactions: Zarr

·
Registered
217 Posts
He's already signed 10 times more executive orders than any President in history...
It would help your cause if you didn't make things up. I'm not an O supporter and really dislike the guy but let's be real here. FDR had 3466 and Obummer, at 143 as of December 7, 2012, hasn't even gotten close to that yet. I would not be surprised if he were to pass FDR at some point but then again, FDR had a few more years than anyone else to rack up the total.

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The numbers I have are quite a bit different than what you're speaking of...

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ISSUED by US Presidents in the past 100 years+/-...

Teddy Roosevelt - 3

All Others until FDR - 0

FDR - 11 in 16 years

Truman - 5 in 7 years

Ike - 2 in 8 years

Kennedy - 4 in 3 years

LBJ - 4 in 5 years

Nixon - 1 in 6 years

Ford - 3 in 2 years

Carter - 3 in 4 years

Reagan - 5 in 8 years

Bush - 3 in 4 years

Clinton - 15 in 8 years

George W. Bush - 62 in 8 years

Obama - 923 in 3 1/2 years!

In fact there's another thread here discussing the same topic...http://www.smithandwessonforums.com/forum/lounge/20659-executive-orders-will-open-your-eyes.html

One guy swore it was true, and another swore it was a lie...I dunno

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Obama will do whatever suits his political agenda be it gun control,immigration reform,abortion...whatever. I see him as a liar of the worst kind. He believes he can govern with executive orders and bypass the congress when he pleases. Let him define something as reasonable such as gun laws or any thing else then he controls the debate. The media will not hold him accountable for anything and we have to pay attention and stand up and be counted. I'll be turning 70 in a few weeks and I never thought I would ever see anything like this. He cannot be trusted.nbvoALO Rant over. Regards Dick

·
Registered
217 Posts
The numbers I have are quite a bit different than what you're speaking of...

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ISSUED by US Presidents in the past 100 years+/-...

Teddy Roosevelt - 3

All Others until FDR - 0

FDR - 11 in 16 years

Truman - 5 in 7 years

Ike - 2 in 8 years

Kennedy - 4 in 3 years

LBJ - 4 in 5 years

Nixon - 1 in 6 years

Ford - 3 in 2 years

Carter - 3 in 4 years

Reagan - 5 in 8 years

Bush - 3 in 4 years

Clinton - 15 in 8 years

George W. Bush - 62 in 8 years

Obama - 923 in 3 1/2 years!

In fact there's another thread here discussing the same topic...http://www.smithandwessonforums.com/forum/lounge/20659-executive-orders-will-open-your-eyes.html

One guy swore it was true, and another swore it was a lie...I dunno
It helps to go to the actual true source (instead of passing along previously incorrect data). I'm not saying you did it on purpose, but if you check the National Archives, you may get a little better view:
Executive Orders Disposition Tables Index

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
He had no respect for the way the Senate worked when he was there. As evidenced by his non voting record. Consistantly voting "absent" tells me he doesn't much care.

Now if we put computers linked to the senate floor on all the golf carts in Hawaii he might not have that excuse anymore.....

·
Super Moderator
32,143 Posts
I can see him doing it with the thought that anything that gets overturned will be law until then and the damage will already be done before the 6 months or year or longer it takes for action against the orders.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It's All just the little emperor trying to show how much power he has!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts