Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've shown this gun in the old forum. It is a N.R. Davis and Sons MaxiMin in 16 ga. The gun is pictured next to a diminutive No. 4 Remington take-down .22 cal to give a gauge to overall length. The barrels are shortened to 22 inches and choked. The idea was to produce a brush bustin' gun. The gun dates to 1917 and I managed to miss many Partridge with it last year.... :roll:

giz

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Giz, Sometimes I think that a blunderbuss is the only proper weapon to use for Partridge. They aren't as plentiful around my area, so you 've got to find them first.....which ain't too easy for an old duffer, ya' know!!!! :roll: It saves a lot on shotgun shells though. lsk705

BTW, what choke did you put on the 22" barrels? I have often though of cutting the barrel on my Ithaca M-37 20 ga., with 26" barrels, back to 22". But, I would leave it cylinder bore, and use #7 1/2 or 8 shot to get the densest patterns. invpn Bob

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob,

Ya' know, your probably right....Everytime my dog flushed one and I missed he looked back at me with the "WTF" look ~ that he saves just for me... :mrgreen:

Maybe a Blunderbuss is in order....

giz

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
That's another thing Giz......I don't have a dog to go into the brush for me. I tend to stay on logging roads, occasionally drifting off to check nice cover.

BTW, I added a little more to my last post. Your answer was posted before I was done typing! ......and I thought that I was quick on the draw with my shotgun. I took the shotgun course at KTP. I busted all the singles before they were 10 ' off the ground!!!! On the doubles.....I sucked!!! Never did hit the 2nd one. :roll: :lol: Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts