Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I've never been a fan of SA revolvers except for front loaders but my Cimarron Model P .45 is one I'm happy to have. Accurate and a hoot to shoot.
Hmmmmm, I believe Freud would note that you have Latent SA Tendencies and need to explore your inner SA lovin side.
Just sayin.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I have a Great Western Sheriff Model made with some of the parts that Colt had sold to Great Western when they had decided never to make the S.A.A. ever again. Needless to say that decision by Colt did not last long.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

This gun has a hammer with firing pin rather than the Great Western frame mounted firing pin.

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
That Uberti my friend had is finally mine.
I got it in a trade for a Ford F-250 I had that I blew the engine. Her husband is a great mechanic, and he got it running like new in about a week after we made the trade.
Uberti Cattleman_2.jpg Uberti Cattleman_1.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
why u gather info for service? :confused: I think this is a strange approach. If you collect information, it would be reasonable to write yourself. If you want to delegate this task to someone, then I think that there are many custom essays that will not require your participation in collecting information.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
...That Uberti my friend had is finally mine...
That is great to hear! I have a similar one, 5 1/2” barrel chambered for the 45 long Colt. I fitted an ACP cylinder I had and have not used the long Colt cylinder in a couple of decades. But, either chambering is a good choice. I hope you enjoy it now that it is yours.

Kevin

·
Banned
1 Posts
Someone here wrote dissertations or publications about revolvers? I've never been a fan of SA revolvers except for front loaders but my Cimarron Model P .45 is one I'm happy to have. Accurate and a hoot to shoot. I think that there are many essay writer that will not require your participation in collecting information.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've got two of the early Armi San Marcos SAA revolvers. One is in 45 Colt and the other is in 357 Magnum. Both of these guns came out of a friend's collection after he passed away 5- 6 years ago. The .45 needed some repairs but original Colt parts worked perfectly. I haven't fired either one, but the actions, lockup, etc are excellent on both guns. In my mind, both of these are about as good as a clone could get!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have both the newer versions of the Pietta and Uberti clones. Both have incorporated safety features which eliminated the 4-click hammer cocking that Colt is famous for. However, this does not affect the quality of either piece. The Uberti El Patron has nice fit and finish as well as a “factory tuned” action. The Pietta is a solid well built revolver as well that came with a very light and crisp trigger out of the box (luck of the draw, I suppose). If money isn’t a consideration, you should look at the Standard Mfg. version which gets high praise for quality that many feel is better than the original SAA.
Pictures below: (the nickel gun is the Pietta)
BC4208F7-ED72-4681-8CCC-98B39FAEA204.jpeg 404EC7CE-FD54-4CFB-A00B-0BAEB1E78368.jpeg

21 - 32 of 32 Posts