Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was in the low 40s on Saturday, as expected this time of year, but not raining or snowing so Curt and I hit the range. We each brought what we have been carrying and a couple extras. Curt had his M64 and XD Mod2 45acp, and I brought my M442, Highway Patrolman and SR9c. Here is the range set up for the day
Nov23a.jpg
And here are the guns
Nov23c.jpg
We ran a bunch of drills with carry guns, and did some general plinking. Here is Curt in action with the Springfield. In this drill when shooter is ready, "Threat!" is called, followed by 2 colors. You put a controlled pair on each color called as quickly as possible. It makes you think about where the targets are, while you are drawing and presenting the gun.
Nov23e.jpg
Here is a shot of me with the Highway Patrolman
Nov23b.jpg
Wont have too many more days without snow, not that snow usually stops us. As long as its above 28 or so and we can get to the shale pit, we shoot

·
Registered
13,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like y’all had a great time. I do like the pictures of your range set up. But, the picture of the guns you shoot are da bomb. Thanks for sharing.
We both shoot everything we own. That's what they are made for. I have got to quit wearing that black hat. It makes the grey hair stand out!

·
Registered
24,532 Posts
As usual a fun time was had. Was happy with how I shot the XD and my 64. Of course Jonesy's HP is always great to shoot. Hopefully we can get out some more, weather permitting.:)

·
Registered
18,799 Posts
Once again some very good weather, good guns, and couple of avid shooters adds to an excellent way to spend time. Thanks for the report.

·
Super Moderator
33,417 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful time and a great selection of handguns!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice set up, and great gear! It was in the high 40s down my way on Saturday morning, nice range day here, too!

·
Registered
24,532 Posts
Also, really enjoyed shooting jonesy814's 442. The new grips make such a difference with ergonomics and recoil. I am considering getting the same style grips for my 2 J frames.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts