Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend came over to go shooting and he brought along a friend of his. I have know the guy for a while but never was more than an aquantance. Took the Model 28 and the Para P-12 45. The aquaintance liked shooting the Para and asked if I wanted to sell it. Every thing I own is for sale, at a price :mrgreen: . I shot him a price that I knew was way too much for the gun. The bastid had the cash :eek:
Went to a local place, bought a Bersa 45 and deposited the remaining cash in the bank. :D

·
Registered
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Not sure who to blame. Giz will do

Giz, Your "Bait Gun" thread was running through my head all the time he was counting out the money. I had no intention of selling anything, but,,,
I didn't even know the local place had a Bersa but knew they had a S&W {or 10}, looked at a S&W 457. How did that thing sell? Not well i'm guessing. I looked at a bunch of compact 45s but kept going back to the Bersa and recalling your comments. The Para is a very nice pistol, but, the field striping thing kept running through my head too.
All in all, a good day.

·
Registered
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Not sure who to blame. Giz will do

'Thinkin you'll be impressed for the price point and the quality.
Already am :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went out this morning and put a variety of bullets through the pistol. Three factory loads and two of my reloads. All worked/functioned well. The first mag full stopped at the last round. I think my thumb hit the mag release button on recoil. I was changing my grip around through the first magazine and it did not happen again. All the loads were reasonably accurate. The trigger is a nice suprise. It's like a rough Sig. Kind of gritty but better than I was expecting. Shorter than any DA semi Ruger or Taurus I have shot. All my shots {35 total} stayed on a 9" paper plate at 20 yards from a two handed, standing position. I like the sights, my vintage eye balls had no trouble with them. A dot front and a white outline square rear, drift adjustable. The finish is matte. Very matte. It collects everything and anything. And holds on to it. Disassembly and cleaning is a cake walk. Miles ahead of the 3" Para Ord. it replaced.
Can not blame Giz now. Thank him might be more like it lllfaaaa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.