Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jonesy, I'm guessing it was in the low 40's when he snapped the shots. I live across the valley and during the winter months we run between 8 and 10 degrees higher because he's in the north desert area.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I used to spend a lot of time there, but not since April.

Is that a north/south road? Which direction are those mountains? My guess is W/NW of Scottsdale. But I don't see the sisters, or whatever that was.
It's looking northeast on Cave Creek Road if that helps orient you to the geography. I believe the vista you're thinking of is "4 Peaks", which would be further to the east than what is captured in these photos. I've no doubt they're also covered with snow caps.

·
Registered
21,479 Posts
That is really beautiful. Remember when we lived there happened a few times but remember sometimes in May would go to Sedona and see mountain peaks capped in snow. Always thought was amazing but added a beauty to the area.

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
I didn't know anyone could see the mountains in Phoenix. I had been told the air pollution was too thick.

I have a cousin in Tempe. We can't seem to find him. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's looking northeast on Cave Creek Road if that helps orient you to the geography. I believe the vista you're thinking of is "3 Peaks", which would be further to the east than what is captured in these photos. I've no doubt they're also covered with snow caps.
I meant to say east north east. I live in Pennsylvania so I got my orientation backwards.
The ex girlfriend lives near McDonald just off the 101 so I’m used to seeing that view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,316 Posts
I am much happier when we don't have snow in the woods, during the warmer part of the winter in Feb. and March. That means I can prowl in the local woods, without the danger of slipping and falling, while out away from any help. I'm not too steady on my feet, due to a head injury in a motorcycle accIdent in 1972.......and it gets worse as I get older. If I fall, and hit my head......that's it! o_O

I'd probably be smart to stay out of the woods, like my wife says......but I'm not too bright anymore.....just stubborn! :rolleyes: It sure beats walking in the mall every day!!! Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't live in Phoenix, but my sister does, so she's been really weirded out by all the snowfalls this winter. I live in Minnesota, so we get a lot of those. One suggestion I gave her that I believe you could use would be getting ice melt for asphalt surfaces. It does an excellent job at avoiding dangerous accidents in the winter caused by frozen driveways and pavements. You don't even know how often I hurt myself by falling on the hard ice before getting this. I especially like Natural Rapport Pet-Friendly Ice Melt because it's safe for my two dogs.

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
It's looking northeast on Cave Creek Road if that helps orient you to the geography. I believe the vista you're thinking of is "3 Peaks", which would be further to the east than what is captured in these photos. I've no doubt they're also covered with snow caps.

Hey BC 2,

Is "Alcantar's" Mexican Food Stand still there? Oh Yum!

That nice LADY sure made some GREAT FOOD!

I lived there in '85....

Later, Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't live in Phoenix, but my sister does, so she's been really weirded out by all the snowfalls this winter. I live in Minnesota, so we get a lot of those. One suggestion I gave her that I believe you could use would be getting ice melt for asphalt surfaces. It does an excellent job at avoiding dangerous accidents in the winter caused by frozen driveways and pavements. You don't even know how often I hurt myself by falling on the hard ice before getting this. I especially like Natural Rapport Pet-Friendly Ice Melt because it's safe for my two dogs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts