Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Not perfect...

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Frank V 
#1 ·
Poorly nickel plated (originally blued) with incorrect stocks and the tip of the hammer spur broken off, but pre-war 4" HDs are not common and given what I paid for it I can enjoy having it without guilt or regret.

See less See more
#5 ·
Personally, I would keep it as is.......but use it as a shooter. OR.....it looks like a prime cannidate for a Bowen conversion to .44 Spl.. I think that Micheal Sterns has a Bowen conversion. Perhaps he will chime in to discuss his revolver. :ymapplause: Hopefully, he will include a plethora of pictures and details, for all us "wannabes"!!! :D Bob

G
#6 ·
Sometimes it is the beat and abused guns that bring us the most joy. I’ve had guns that were so nice that I never wanted to shoot them or even touch them, and others so worn that I took them with me everywhere and had a lot of fun with them. :D

#8 ·
SP I do believe you showed me this revolver at one of the Little Rock shows a while back.

I think it would make a nice shooter. Sometimes it is nice to find a revolver that you can use without being concerned about damaging the finish.

This is one to use and enjoy.

#11 ·
I don't modify guns. I just shoot them.

Even though this one is in very sad shape originality wise, I still get email offers to buy it every time I post the photo so it must be special to a few folks out there.

Bill, if I ever decide to sell it I will just ship it off to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.