Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You guys are preaching to the choir. We all know the polls are skewed, based on who does them and how they word the questions, how they are done, and who they choose as participants.
That was my point. A poll by Newsmax shows Trump winning by a 4:1 margin, even though all the polls publicized by the MSM show him loosing to Warren OR Biden, whichever one he goes up against, and most of them show Warren doing better than Biden lately.
The results are far more about the pollster than the population being polled. The pollsters get the result they aim for, and then trumpet them to the masses in an attempt to create a self-fulfilling prophesy

·
Premium Member
6,355 Posts
Opinion polls are more about shaping opinion than reflecting opinion.

Among other things, Trump and the 2016 election brought fake news and polling into the open. It's no longer subtle bias and fake news that requires a keen eye. It's blatant in-your-face leftist propaganda by the hour. As soon as one fake news report is debunked two more pop up. The more outrageous the fake news the better. Need Syria fake news propaganda? No problem. Run a video from Kentucky Knob Creek gun range and say it's live combat in Syria. Trump is a Russian spy... News at 11. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cannot take Newsmax poll seriously. Same reason as those conducted by cnn, msnbc, etc. I.e., the bias of those doing the poll. Extremely skeptical of polls conducted by anyone who stand to profit from increased traffic, etc. Will Trump win? At this point, the demokrats have some advantages that were not in their favor in 2016, namely hillary is out of the way, Sanders is back in after suffering a heart attack and biden is still standing. Of course they have their kabuki court affair running ... about like a soap opera. But it draws viewers. Trump did not help himself w/ the Syria/Kurd decision. Sincerely. bruce.
For as much as I like to see those polls...Bruse is correct, Newmax polls have no more validity than MSNBC polls. OTOH: ANYone who believes Hillary Rod-Ham Clinton is "out of the way" hasn't been paying attention lately. That fetid pus-bag has been ALL OVER every media outlet that will give her camera time in the last few weeks. She came out of nowhere, after nursing her huge hangover for the last 2 years..and just about the time Biden's corrupt relationships with Ukraine and China were hitting the news cycle...whattya know...a bunch of media outlets had scheduled her nasty drunk azz to be on camera. COINCIDENCE...??? I think not.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm not one. If some 'frothing butthead liberal' gets in my face, I'll rip their face off and stuff it down the toilet which is exactly where it belongs.

Those degenerates are dirt under my boots.
I won't tell any pollster who I voted for, or anything else, I will make it up. And they deserve to be lied to, the pollsters are for the Democrats anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any poll you see from mainstream media or a college are designed to to support a certain leftist narrative.

I hope Trump wins.

But, Trump only won Michigan by 11,000 votes. Wisconsin by 23,000 votes. Florida by 113,000 votes. Razor thin margins, and that's 55 electoral votes that could swing. And the country's demographic are changing in ways that don't favor him or any other Republican. Old, traditional Americans die off and are replaced by young new voters (overwhelmingly liberal) and immigrants (of whom 80% vote democrat).

And Hillary was one of the worst, most unlikable political opponents ever.

So fingers crossed, but I will be prepared for a time when we never have a Republican president again. Demographics are destiny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bob K - You referred to president Trump as the “BEST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD...” Out of curiosity, what specially makes him better than the four greats we put up on that mountain for very specific reasons?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts