Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came into possession of an M&P 40 Pro Series. I finally got to shoot it yesterday. I've been missing out! My wife has a Performance Center 380EZ. That little thing is a blast. She has nerve damage to her hand, so it's perfect for her.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,912 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Your wife can learn a better technique to rack the slide of a .40 or 9mm pistol.

Instead of pulling back the slide over the frame to rack it, push the frame under the slide while it's held stationary, then simply let the slide go when you get to the end of movement.

Takes a bit to learn not to pull the slide back, but eventually you'll find that this technique is easier because the muscle groups involved naturally are stronger.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum.

Your wife can learn a better technique to rack the slide of a .40 or 9mm pistol.

Instead of pulling back the slide over the frame to rack it, push the frame under the slide while it's held stationary, then simply let the slide go when you get to the end of movement.

Takes a bit to learn not to pull the slide back, but eventually you'll find that this technique is easier because the muscle groups involved naturally are stronger.
She tried that. She can do it, but she's more comfortable with her gun. I'd rather her carry that than nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just ordered a 9mm barrel for mine. They're surprisingly hard to find.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Welcome from the Newest American mate...

Thewelshm

1 - 20 of 22 Posts